weak image transmission signal & rc firmware

Reaction score
Hello,

I started to get weak image transmission signal warning and my phone screen shows black/green only. I checked & played with the HD settings but no success. According to the dji app, i have the latest firmwares, however when i check the release notes on the dji website, it says that the rc firmware should be 1.4.1.0 whereas the "about" section on the app shows that i have 1.9.2+ for the RC... i always did the updates via the app according to its notifications but there seems to be an inconsistency. Can this be the reason for the weak image transmission signal? If yes, how do i get the correct& corresponding rc firmware via the app?
Thank you

Hi Berf and welcome aboard. I have the same problem so I will watch this space and hopefully some one will help out .:)

Hey guys, I did the latest update and am nearly always getting weak image transmission signal with half a screen display (IPAD Mini 2) or all black or all green. There is no indication that I I need to update firmware. Any ideas?

Reactions: Chopperimage
I have tried everything i guess, but no success.. i contacted dji support via online chat & email & phone.. at the end they have said that i should send my device to them for check/repair... :(

I'd recommend connecting the controller to your computer and using DJI Assistant 2 to reset the controller to factory defaults. After that, re-flash the controller to the latest firmware by downloading the RC .bin file from DJI's site, loading that file onto a formatted micro-SD card, and inserting it into your controller. You can update by updating from local media. If you guys have questions please let me know, I'm writing this quickly before I run out the door.

I'd recommend connecting the controller to your computer and using DJI Assistant 2 to reset the controller to factory defaults. After that, re-flash the controller to the latest firmware by downloading the RC .bin file from DJI's site, loading that file onto a formatted micro-SD card, and inserting it into your controller. You can update by updating from local media. If you guys have questions please let me know, I'm writing this quickly before I run out the door.

Hi Major_Tom,
Thank you for your suggestion but i assume this could only work for phantom 4 pro+, right? I have the phantom 4 pro, which doesn't have the sd card slot on the controller. (I had tried to connect the controller to my computer and run the dji assistant 2 to format it, but dji assistant didnt react at all, didnt recognize the RC.)

Hi Major_Tom,
Thank you for your suggestion but i assume this could only work for phantom 4 pro+, right? I have the phantom 4 pro, which doesn't have the sd card slot on the controller. (I had tried to connect the controller to my computer and run the dji assistant 2 to format it, but dji assistant didnt react at all, didnt recognize the RC.)
I have been having this problem and then some for months. I returned the unit to DJI repair in CA and they even replaced it twice, no luck. Got a new iOs, no luck. totally at a loss for what to do and my business depends on this unit working. Spoke and yelled, at length, with Gary, the repair supervisor and he was supposed to call me back on Tuesday, still haven't heard from hime so guess we are **** outa luck, typical DJI... By the way, the assistant does not work anymore and the repair guys say that's news to them, really, they don't even know what works and what doesn't

Hello,

I started to get weak image transmission signal warning and my phone screen shows black/green only. I checked & played with the HD settings but no success. According to the dji app, i have the latest firmwares, however when i check the release notes on the dji website, it says that the rc firmware should be 1.4.1.0 whereas the "about" section on the app shows that i have 1.9.2+ for the RC... i always did the updates via the app according to its notifications but there seems to be an inconsistency. Can this be the reason for the weak image transmission signal? If yes, how do i get the correct& corresponding rc firmware via the app?
Thank you
I have been having this problem and then some for months. I returned the unit to DJI repair in CA and they even replaced it twice, no luck. Got a new iOs, no luck. totally at a loss for what to do and my business depends on this unit working. Spoke and yelled, at length, with Gary, the repair supervisor and he was supposed to call me back on Tuesday, still haven't heard from hime so guess we are **** outa luck, typical DJI... By the way, the assistant does not work anymore and the repair guys say that's news to them, really, they don't even know what works and what doesn't

I get that same issue at times. Usually when im closer to town and city areas with more interference. Have you ever flown out in the country anywhere away from so much extra interference? I never have that issue in those locations. Just curious.

On a side note, I've always still recorded video perfectly, despite the black and green on the visual controller display. Controller looks messed up but bird's SD card records fine for me.

Hi,
Just wondering, What did they replace exactly? Whole unit or a part?

I get that same issue at times. Usually when im closer to town and city areas with more interference. Have you ever flown out in the country anywhere away from so much extra interference? I never have that issue in those locations. Just curious.

On a side note, I've always still recorded video perfectly, despite the black and green on the visual controller display. Controller looks messed up but bird's SD card records fine for me.

Hi,
I tried at different locations, including in the middle of the sea, but nothing changed.
And yes, it perfectly takes photos&videos..

I have a similar issue, the image on my device from the Phantom camera is virtually illegible, it forms lines and blanks out particularly at the bottom of the display, so I cannot compose pics. the pictures, once downloaded are perfect though. This happened only after the latest firmware update. Any suggestions?

I did do the turn off the video cache and that also helped but not great, still break up and freezing, no more green screen or black but plenty of freezing

My p4p was grounded for weeks after the bad firmware update back in May.

Weeks after week i just kept on trying to refresh the AC and RC firmware and test it out. After 6 weeks of trying I finally nailed it and i have no major issues since.

I now have strong transmission signal, very stable flying in strong wind.

I don't get the green screen glitch on my ipad mini 2 now too.

I JUST started today having these issues. Just Today. I have had PERFECT transmission both video and device in other words my Ipad was having NO issues and neither do my files or videos.

I read that its advisable to downgrade the settings to 1080. I did that and all was fine on a test flight. I then switched back to 4k and all was fine! Hmmm.

Further tests in the morning.

Hi everybody. I have also a big problem with signal transmition between my Phantom 4 Pro and my Android device Nexus 7 II (2013) with Android version 6.0.1. I have installed last versions of Phantom firmware and current version of DJI GO 4 v. 4.1.8.
My drone cannot fly more than 200 metres distance and DJI GO 4 APP shows error message "Remote Controller Signal Weak" after that "No Signal" and finaly "Aicraft Disconnected". It's very frustrating. In open areas is little bit better, but not too much.

- Android device is in airplane mode during the fly
- Background processes are deactivated
- The antennas on the transmitter are at the right angle
- I use an original DJI short cable that connects the tablet to the transmitter.
- Video cashe recordig in DJI GO 4 APP is disable.

Do you think there is a bug in a tablet or dron or transmitter? Is the Android version 6.0.1 suitable for working with the application DJI GO? The tablet sometimes restarts during the flight itself.

Do you have a similar experience and have you found a solution? I will be grateful for any advice you may have. Thank you.

Hi everybody. I have also a big problem with signal transmition between my Phantom 4 Pro and my Android device Nexus 7 II (2013) with Android version 6.0.1. I have installed last versions of Phantom firmware and current version of DJI GO 4 v. 4.1.8.
My drone cannot fly more than 200 metres distance and DJI GO 4 APP shows error message "Remote Controller Signal Weak" after that "No Signal" and finaly "Aicraft Disconnected". It's very frustrating. In open areas is little bit better, but not too much.

- Android device is in airplane mode during the fly
- Background processes are deactivated
- The antennas on the transmitter are at the right angle
- I use an original DJI short cable that connects the tablet to the transmitter.
- Video cashe recordig in DJI GO 4 APP is disable.

Do you think there is a bug in a tablet or dron or transmitter? Is the Android version 6.0.1 suitable for working with the application DJI GO? The tablet sometimes restarts during the flight itself.

Do you have a similar experience and have you found a solution? I will be grateful for any advice you may have. Thank you.

Sounds like you have the same problem I had last time but mine is with ipad mini 2.

Try reinstall the firmware again and log back to DJI go app and try again, that might solve the issue. maybe a new cable helps too.

Sounds like you have the same problem I had last time but mine is with ipad mini 2.

Try reinstall the firmware again and log back to DJI go app and try again, that might solve the issue. maybe a new cable helps too.

I will do that. I also reset my tablet to factory settings. I have several cables, the result is always the same. If the weather so permits, I'll try it today in the air.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures