Water Damage - Camera issue now

Reaction score
I crashed my Phantom 3 Advanced into my brothers pool over the weekend. I dried it in the sun used the rice trick and everything seems to be OK with the exception of the camera. The video transmission is now very poor and the controller loses the video connection.

The question is where is the problem? With the camera / gimbal assembly or is this a problem with the ESC? I am going to put the camera assembly back in a bag with some silica gel (dessicant) I purchased - but I am afraid the damage may already be done.

Any suggestions?

The problem is your Lightbridge module is shot. It's located inside the VPS box behind your gimbal.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

How difficult is it to replace the Lightbridge module? So pissed!
Its not hard provided you remember where all the screws and the correct antennas to plug back in. Just tag number the antennas first before unplugging (there are 4).

As long as there is no soldering it should not be too tough. Is it the board underneath the drone - with the vision positioning module? OR is it inside?

As long as there is no soldering it should not be too tough. Is it the board underneath the drone - with the vision positioning module? OR is it inside?

It's INSIDE the little box that hangs under the drone with the little screen sensors (VPS) on it. There was a video someone posted on here who took it apart to confirm Lightbridge was in fact inside it. It looked like a rather complicated disassembly process.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Could also be that one of the ribbon cables got pulled from it's socket by the force of the water. You will need to pull the camera mount safety pins to check the 2 cables but it's easy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl