Watch "Sun n fun International fly in night show" on YouTube

Reaction score

Sun n fun International fly in night show. The is a TFR 50' from where I'm flying, sorry best I could do.

Hi there, I saw from another post that you like night photos/videos. I did a fair amount of testing at night and while I found a decent recipe for photos (Manual mode, lower the ISO as much as possible until you get 1s shutter, max 2s), when it comes to videos I'm still scratching my head.
One setting that gave me decent results in very low-light conditions and straight from the camera (no post-processing) was 2.7K, 24fps, Auto, EV -3.0. Maybe with +1 contrast.
If there is just a bit more light, then - similarly to photos - the best approach is to lower the ISO as much as possible, so 2.7K, 24fps, Manual, ISO 1600 and 1/25s shutter seemed to work well. I think the P3S sensor is just too noisy, so it's better to sacrifice shutter speed to keep the ISO low. Smooth movements and no panning can help keep motion blur to a minimum (fast-moving subjects will be blurred, no way around it).
If you have done any tests, I'd like to get your opinion.

Reactions: p3s_noob
Hi there, I saw from another post that you like night photos/videos. I did a fair amount of testing at night and while I found a decent recipe for photos (Manual mode, lower the ISO as much as possible until you get 1s shutter, max 2s), when it comes to videos I'm still scratching my head.
One setting that gave me decent results in very low-light conditions and straight from the camera (no post-processing) was 2.7K, 24fps, Auto, EV -3.0. Maybe with +1 contrast.
If there is just a bit more light, then - similarly to photos - the best approach is to lower the ISO as much as possible, so 2.7K, 24fps, Manual, ISO 1600 and 1/25s shutter seemed to work well. I think the P3S sensor is just too noisy, so it's better to sacrifice shutter speed to keep the ISO low. Smooth movements and no panning can help keep motion blur to a minimum (fast-moving subjects will be blurred, no way around it).
If you have done any tests, I'd like to get your opinion.
I'm still learning, so I appreciate your input.This was shot in 1080p 30fps vivid....It's slightly boring.If the sound from the aircraft could be heard, would make for a better video.My settings are off I'm sure it could be improved. The Sun'NFun international fly in is the biggest airshow in the south east.Blue angels fly over my house CONSTANTLY!I love it!Im just too scared to fly, they're about 350-400' AGL.Theres a TFR-NFZ until they leave. They fly over in awesome formations so close, that on the 3rd floor of my apartment, I can see the pilots in the Jets!

I'm still learning, so I appreciate your input.This was shot in 1080p 30fps vivid....It's slightly boring.If the sound from the aircraft could be heard, would make for a better video.My settings are off I'm sure it could be improved. The Sun'NFun international fly in is the biggest airshow in the south east.Blue angels fly over my house CONSTANTLY!I love it!Im just too scared to fly, they're about 350-400' AGL.Theres a TFR-NFZ until they leave. They fly over in awesome formations so close, that on the 3rd floor of my apartment, I can see the pilots in the Jets!
Sometimes the blue angels fly over, at what looks to be 100'.That's when I get a decent look at the pilots!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94