VRV Goggles

Reaction score
Anyone with experience using virtual reality goggles called Blitz Wolf? The kind that you mount your phone into. I realize that I will need the litchi app to run this (I think). I know it will have its drawbacks but for $35 I think it would be ok compared to the "real" virtual goggles at $350++. I watched a YouTube vid and the guy gave me two thumbs up. Thoughts and experiences please.

Actually just got a pair the other day.. I haven't had the chance to use them with the Litchi App yet but downloaded a VR app to see how they work. It seems to work pretty well once you adjust the distance between the lenses to match your eyes. The only thing that I noticed is that there is a bit of black space around the left and right edges when you have the lenses further apart. Hope to get out and fly with them soon but they seem like a pretty solid first set of VR goggles for $35. They do have a nice pad on them which makes them pretty comfortable to wear. Also, it has plastic plate on the back that is attached magnetically which allows you to remove easily. This allows the camera to show on your device which from what I read on Litchi's website, you can set a C button on your controller to switch between the Phantom camera and device camera which allows you to see what's in front of you without having to take the goggle off (could be a cool feature). I didn't want to spend the $350+ on a set of nice FPV goggles yet but I think this is a great alternative starting out. Just my two cents.

Litchi & blitz wolf is a excellent combo for your $$, fire ahead & buy you won't be disappointed, immersive is a really cool experience

But for someone like me who was born with a lazy eye which was never corrected until my 30's and has left me with no real focus in that eye vr goggles with 2 screens and 2 lenses does not work for me as I only see one screen, the only option for me are something like the headplays that have one single large screen, I cobbled together a set last week using some uvistar vr goggles, extending them by 4 inches with some self adhesive neoprene foam sheet and some RHO lenses and using an old galaxy note 4 I had lying around, works OK for me........for now

20160917_093621.jpg

20160917_093645.jpg
20160917_094009.jpg

I purchased the HooToo set on Amazon ($25) and use Litchi for FPV... it's very cool and immersive. The HooToo have open slots around the phone for easy cable access as well; no cutting the goggles for a USB cord.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT