VR FPV app for iPhone/Goggles?

Reaction score
Hey all. Any recommendations for a good VR FPV app for iPhone? I've now used my Quanum goggles with my iPhone for goggle fpv. But decided to get HooToo goggles for a better experience. Only to find it the Litchi app doesn't have a VR option for iOS yet, only android. Bummer.

A lot of the other apps in the AppStore that have this option seem to get garbage reviews. Just wondering if any of you guys are using VR goggles for FPV and if so, which apps you've been happy with.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Check FPV Camera for iOS

I have not used it. Check the reviews.

Hey all. Any recommendations for a good VR FPV app for iPhone? I've now used my Quanum goggles with my iPhone for goggle fpv. But decided to get HooToo goggles for a better experience. Only to find it the Litchi app doesn't have a VR option for iOS yet, only android. Bummer.

A lot of the other apps in the AppStore that have this option seem to get garbage reviews. Just wondering if any of you guys are using VR goggles for FPV and if so, which apps you've been happy with.

Thanks!

Don't remember the name of the app.. Did you buy the hootoo off Amazon? One of the reviewers mentioned the app he uses with the phantom for fpv iOS.

BTW.. I too had quantum before and got the hootoo two days ago. How about that

Interesting. I just got the Hootoo's today myself. Sorry I can't help you as I have droid.
Have not gotten Litchi yet. I have a screen recording of a flight from 2 weeks ago
and I played it back on the Hootoo's with vr software. It looked great. Even went outside
with the hootoo,s on to see how much light got in. But it wasn't enough to effect the image.
I could see the screen very clearly.

I was hoping there might be some software to VR the go app.

Check FPV Camera for iOS

I have not used it. Check the reviews.

That's the one I'm leaning toward now. Not a fan of how you buy the app and then have to do in app purchases to unlock features but I'd really only use it for VR Goggles anyway. Thanks!

That's the one I'm leaning toward now. Not a fan of how you buy the app and then have to do in app purchases to unlock features but I'd really only use it for VR Goggles anyway. Thanks!

Give your feedback to us

Don't remember the name of the app.. Did you buy the hootoo off Amazon? One of the reviewers mentioned the app he uses with the phantom for fpv iOS.

BTW.. I too had quantum before and got the hootoo two days ago. How about that

I know you did! I've been following your lead on some of this stuff as I've been learning about it. The HooToo goggles are pretty sweet huh? After purchasing though I saw some $30 clones that look identical. Still happy with purchase. I'll dig into the Amazon reviews to see what I find. Thanks!

Interesting. I just got the Hootoo's today myself. Sorry I can't help you as I have droid.
Have not gotten Litchi yet. I have a screen recording of a flight from 2 weeks ago
and I played it back on the Hootoo's with vr software. It looked great. Even went outside
with the hootoo,s on to see how much light got in. But it wasn't enough to effect the image.
I could see the screen very clearly.

I was hoping there might be some software to VR the go app.

Yes very impressed with the HooToo so far as well. Messed around with some of the VR apps and it was pretty awesome. Hopefully going to try a VR FPV flight this weekend

I just received the Zeiss VR One's and have purchased CloudLightFPV. Will be testing it out this weekend.

I just received the Zeiss VR One's and have purchased CloudLightFPV. Will be testing it out this weekend.

Do you know anyone who has used Cloudlight with success? The AppStore reviews kinda steered me away

Will do! Really going to try to get this going this weekend. Excited to give it a shot. I'll report back with my findings

VRs are expected to reduce resolution to half. Let me know how is the picture quality in small square.

Reactions: Dounin Front
Do you know anyone who has used Cloudlight with success? The AppStore reviews kinda steered me away

There aren't many reviews and from what I have tested in the house it functions fine. I'll see how it performs in-flight and post up my thoughts.

Like I said earlier. I had a screen recording of the live view from an previous flight.
I put the recorded MP4 file in my phone and played it back with VR Cinema. It looked great on an LG G3 with Hootoo head set.
That was recorded from an Advance live feed. The Pro would be even better.

It is a real bright (but cold) day here today. So I tried this outside in bright light. A small amount of light got past the seal on my head.
But the display was great.I could see detail. There is now way I could have gotten that by looking at my nexus pad. Even with the sun shade.

6018740a7b2a5fc15113b46ca38b60fa.jpg

Well guys, just did a run with the HooToo goggles and the FPV Camera for DJI app and I gotta say, I'm impressed. It was $5 for the app and then another $7 or $8 to unlock the goggle mode. Definitely worth he purchase to me. Mainly due to the fact that it was smooth, and had tons of OSD options, which is great. And I loved how the camera would tilt down when I looked down etc. pretty cool. I posted a screen shot of what it looks like. I took it out about a half mile or so at about 450ft altitude. Performed like a champ. I still plan to use the DJI go app for serious filming and Litchi for programmed flights. But glad to have this one when I want to use goggles for a fully immersive experience. I'll know more as I get to know it better and play with the options, but feel free to ask any questions you may have

Reactions: Purog and mandalay
78972e42f962f828df369294341acc05.jpg

2d1bb1a2ed0432bb5f487e6c3c87b0fe.jpg

Another quick note- here is a side by side comparison of the field of view with the FPV Camera app vs DJI Go app. Looks slightly trimmed but not much!
Considering I'll be using this option more for fun than serious recording, not an issue for me at all.

Looks really good Toph. Do you know if FPV Camera app is on droid. or IOS only?

I have not bought Litchi yet. Still exploring options as weather has been crap anyway.

Looks really good Toph. Do you know if FPV Camera app is on droid. or IOS only?

I have not bought Litchi yet. Still exploring options as weather has been crap anyway.

Not sure if it's available on droid. And since litchi doesn't have a goggle option on iOS yet I can't say how that option is. But if it's good on Litchi you may kill a few birds with one stone. Love litchi otherwise

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl