VISION+ CAMERA AND GIMBAL IS JUNK

JUSTNONEYA said:
I own a vision and a vision plus and I think the vision plus camera and gimbal are crap. They are so fragile it is ridiculous. I had a some what hard landing but not really hard at all not even 4 ft off the ground didn't even bend the gimbal or touch the camera on my vision plus. Now the camera and gimbal are toast it turns on and jumps around like crazy. I have had my phantom vision over 8 months crashed it like 100 times and not one thing happened to my camera or anything except a few broken props. also when you break your camera or gimbal on the vision plus all you have is a drone with no camera because you cant replace it with no other gimbal or buy another camera gimbal combo like it came with unless you buy one off ebay from some guy that is buying a lot of vision plus's and parting them out making a killing. he sells the cameras with gimbal for 899.00. I bought one from him and installed it and it works perfect but I wont fly my vision plus unless I am completely away from anything just to get a quick video or a pic. If I had a choice I would never buy a vision plus. Get a vision and buy you a rotorpixel gimbal for it or a taco gimbal and it will be just as good and more reliable as the vision plus . Look and videos on you tube of broken vision plus camera there are a lot of them
I agree the P2V+ is much more fragile than the P2V. If you're into crashing repeatedly, I agree you should choose the V over the V+. But, on the other hand, if you want butter smooth video and want to fly for video rather than crash 100 times, the P2V+ provides a video platform unmatched for the $$. We each get to chose what works best for each of us. I'm glad to hear you found what works best for you. Enjoy! I will stick with my P2V+ thank you.

^ :lol:

As above, if you've crashed it that many times you would think its the person at the controls and not the Vision+

The design of the camera and gimble gives you 80g less weight than the P2V which is why you get stabilised video at decent battery times. You cant have it all, they have to decide what is more important to most flyers, and if you want better than what this offers then there are other more appropriate platforms.

;)

Well I've had a Vision and then a Vision Plus since January. This was the first time I've ever flown anything radio controlled and as a complete novice and over 200 flights Ive never had anything more serious than a tip over on landing which is why I now always hand land my Vision Plus.
In my opinion the Plus is way superior to the Vision, but you have to be careful !

I wholeheartedly disagree with the OP. The camera and gimbal is not junk. Is it a delicate piece of technology, no doubt. It also does exactly what it is intended to do; provide everyone with the ability to capture motion stabilized video, out of the box with 25 minute flight times. I am very happy with mine but I am also careful. If i want to do flips, I get out the Hubsan X4.

DJI may be making a mistake when advertising that this is "For Everyone". It's obviously not for those who seem to enjoy crashing.

D_Tshudy said:
I wholeheartedly disagree with the OP. The camera and gimbal is not junk. Is it a delicate piece of technology, no doubt. It also does exactly what it is intended to do; provide everyone with the ability to capture motion stabilized video, out of the box with 25 minute flight times. I am very happy with mine but I am also careful. If i want to do flips, I get out the Hubsan X4.

DJI may be making a mistake when advertising that this is "For Everyone". It's obviously not for those who seem to enjoy crashing.

+1

Agree, the OP is a silly statement, weight and function go hand in hand on a generic aerial platform like the plus. Apart from the genuine flyaways which have some undiagnosed cause, there are a lot of plusses flying perfectly well and taking great videos and is certainly not "junk".......I guess a pile of junk is what you end up with on any aircraft after you crash the crap out of it long enough !

:roll:

This is like buying a new car and then complaining that it's junk because it suffers panel damage and smashed bumpers when you crash it.

Please share these amazing videos that you have created while crashing a lot.

Also, you need to work on your curse word spelling because as it stands now, you just look even more dumb than should be possible.

Well I feel really silly now, because I thought the statement ... "I have had my phantom vision over 8 months crashed it like 100 times ..." meant that the author had owned his Phantom Vision for 8 months and had crashed it somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 times.
Now I feel "fuking" nuts .... but it's OK .......I'm fairly sure they're mine. :?

However ..... although I agree the gimbal is much more fragile, the Plus is a 'much' better viddy platform than the P2V.
When I get back into it, I'll try out the taller and wider aftermarket landing gear I have ...... as long as they don't fly weird.
The Plus camera is a bit too close to the ground, IMHO.

JUSTNONEYA said:
I haven't crashed it 100 times I'm saying that I have crashed a lot cuz I fly close to stuff on purpose to get better videos and it still works with no problems you do it once with the vision plus your camera is history. The vision plus is not better buy a long shot you will see once you r crash it or have a hard landing. the vision with the 3dpower gimbal is BETTER definetly than the vision plus

I'm visualizing Pee-Wee Herman falling off his bike and proclaiming, "I meant to do that!" ;)

When someone says, "I crashed my Vision 100 times," it generally means they crashed 100 times. Now you have crashed "a lot cuz you like to fly close to stuff on purpose." I believe you have already found your solution. The Phantom Vision+ is for those who like to take smooth, stabilized, video, and can actually pilot an aircraft without crashing. For those who crash "a lot," there is the more robust, but less capable, Phantom Vision. If you install a gimbal on your Vision, you will quickly discover she is no longer so forgiving of your frequent crashing.

A man has to know his limitations.... :cool:

It's strange to me now....this topic about the P2+ and the camera/gimbal being "junk" does concern me. For starters, I originally wanted to purchase the Vision 2 and because the camera seemed more solid and there were more options to do modifications. But really soon after I made a last minute decision to upgrade to the better & smoother gimbal of the plus (+). I do know/realize that these type of UAV's are fairly commercial, basic and not needing something more advanced myself or being able to afford something more 'professional' than these, I chose to upgrade to the plus (+). I wonder if I'll end up regretting my decision later on down the road..... I did weigh the pros and cons of buying a more basic phantom vision and then upgrading the camera/gimbal later. But I thought for the cost, it would probably end up being the same and since I don't have the technological background to make those kind of improvements to the electronics. I felt I was better off going with the Vision plus. We shall eventually see if it was a wise decision by me I suppose. :roll:

What a jerk! 5 posts to insult everybody! Get lost moron!

dude I have a similar thread .. I agree the new gimbal is very fragile .. the cam is actually fine it like a gopro but smaller and has a butt plug for downloads instead of loading the sd card..my buddy had a minor crash and his cam and gimbal stopped working he noticed a wire unplugged after plugging it in he powered it up and all the blue smoke leaked out of the cam and gimbal.. just our luck no one had a can of blue smoke to fill it back up lol.. DJI says 3 weeks minimum ..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl