Vision+ camera and and possibility to edit bitrate?

hey I'm confused, I bought a V + used last owner had it for 10 days before he crashed into a tree so I do not think he has changed frim wear the camera I have 1080 60 fps DJI app have you not? I tried in 1080 30fps flicker terrible but in 1080 60 fps works

hey I'm confused, I bought a V + used last owner had it for 10 days before he crashed into a tree so I do not think he has changed frim wear the camera I have 1080 60 fps DJI app have you not? I tried in 1080 30fps flicker terrible but in 1080 60 fps works

Hey

You are using the app for Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 (DJI GO). The correct app from DJI for Vision + is called dji-vision. ;)

No, I use the DJI-vision app for android
The first filming looked grim poor out with 1080 30fps a cheap JJR took beter movie

Hey

You are using the app for Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 (DJI GO). The correct app from DJI for Vision + is called dji-vision. ;)
No, I use the DJI-vision app for android
The first filming looked grim poor out with 1080 30fps a cheap JJR took beter movie

Attachments

• IMG_20150815_150224.jpg
    IMG_20150815_150224.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 445
you se i not get this maby he did somfing the pre oner

Ah... But this mode is interlaced (each frame is separated into two different fields recorded sequentially in time). We all have this on our P2V+ :cool:

The guys in this thread are talking about enabling 60fps progressive mode in Full HD, but unfortunately it seems this is not possible with this cam...

Ok, so where do you have this 1080p60 setting? o_O
ok thank you now understand it but I still wonder why it is the only uplösningen who become good 1080 30fps looks like crap flicker whenever there is kind of a bush without leaves or something moves and it gets smudged, I probably would have bought one was ok from början.Jag have more problems with the

Ah... But this mode is interlaced (each frame is separated into two different fields recorded sequentially in time). We all have this on our P2V+ :cool:

The guys in this thread are talking about enabling 60fps progressive mode in Full HD, but unfortunately it seems this is not possible with this cam...

ok thank you now understand it but I still wonder why it is the only resolution that will be good, 1080 30fps looks like crap flicker whenever there is kind of a bush without leaves or something moves and it gets smudged, I probably would have bought one was ok from the beginning. I have more problems with it

ok thank you now understand it but I still wonder why it is the only resolution that will be good, 1080 30fps looks like crap flicker whenever there is kind of a bush without leaves or something moves and it gets smudged, I probably would have bought one was ok from the beginning. I have more problems with it

The Vision Plus usually films at a high shutter speed, so there is not much motion blur. This fact in addition to the pretty low fps makes the motion perhaps look a bit stuttery. But remember most movies and TV series are shown in only 24 or 25 fps, so 30 is actually not that low... Must be the lack of motion blur that you do not desire I guess...

Have you tested the 720p60 mode? It is as silky smooth as 1080i60 and also gives a better image quality in my eyes. It compresses better and gives less artifacts. Also the amount of resolution stored over time is about exactly the same... :)

The Vision Plus usually films at a high shutter speed, so there is not much motion blur. This fact in addition to the pretty low fps makes the motion perhaps look a bit stuttery. But remember most movies and TV series are shown in only 24 or 25 fps, so 30 is actually not that low... Must be the lack of motion blur that you do not desire I guess...

Have you tested the 720p60 mode? It is as silky smooth as 1080i60 and also gives a better image quality in my eyes. It compresses better and gives less artifacts. Also the amount of resolution stored over time is about exactly the same... :)
I try 720 60 fps it work well. I dare not take it up as high as it is very windy in southern Sweden today. but it seems that I am also starting to get it to stay where I want and not flapping around like a headless chicken, I've done a adjutebal plate with a spirit of,
to calibrate the IMU

Hi guys. I jus read the whole tread :D Very interesting stuff here! I really wanted to update my beloved PV2+ V3 camera with the latest hacked 1080 30p (24mbit) firmware. There's a very low risk of bricking my beloved Phantom camera, right?

Follow the same procedure to flash the camera's firmware on DJI website and you will be alright.

new guy here p2v+v3 looking for bigger view tried ipad 9x7 air latest won't hold wifi more than 100 feet and no gps android cell is good for 2400 feet on a cool clear day there is a fellow 149.00 for android tablet all the necessary loads installed sounds fishy thanks for any help.

So here is the script :

You first have to put the camera mode in 1080p30 Narrow FOV, plug usb, unzip the "autoexec.ash" file to root of sdcard and then reboot the P2V+.

The narrow field will be replaced by a "super wide" fov, with slightly better quality than default wide fov :

Area read by sensor : 4608 x 2592 then "binned" to 2304*1296 and finally encoded to 1920*1088. The image will get also slightly more exposured.

This is a safe and non permanent script, as soon as you remove the file from the sdcard or you change the camera mode (resolution or fov) in the app, settings will revert to default.

Please have a try and tell me what you think.

Ok, I had time to test Gueria's script today and indeed the picture is a bit more exposured, otherwise I don't know if there is much improvement in pq. If there is it is not significant.
I just try to get along with the 1080p30 narrow FOV because it gives far better picture than the other modes. Thanks to Gueria for his effort to get the FW better and better! :)

Test video filmed using Gueria's script:

Last edited:
So here is the script :

You first have to put the camera mode in 1080p30 Narrow FOV, plug usb, unzip the "autoexec.ash" file to root of sdcard and then reboot the P2V+.

The narrow field will be replaced by a "super wide" fov, with slightly better quality than default wide fov :

Area read by sensor : 4608 x 2592 then "binned" to 2304*1296 and finally encoded to 1920*1088. The image will get also slightly more exposured.

This is a safe and non permanent script, as soon as you remove the file from the sdcard or you change the camera mode (resolution or fov) in the app, settings will revert to default.

Please have a try and tell me what you think.

Checked out your script yesterday, Gueria, and it works great!!
Resolution actually seems a bit higher and more real with this...lines are not so jagged anymore, especially vertically...
Super-Wide FOV Test.jpg

Super-Wide FOV Test 2.jpg

Any possibility you could make a similar script for the 1080p25 mode? :rolleyes:

Well done! :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18