Violent flip on take off

Reaction score
Hi All,

Been trying to get a phantom working all day to no avail.
Pre cursor to this;
Quad is brand new.
Sat lock OK, compass calibrated. Full calibration happened. Software shows input from controller accurately.

So upon take off, the start up procedure is OK, the props start up fine.
As soon as you apply a little thrust, the quad spools up power and immediately flips on its lid and buries the props in the floor. The power will then die back, regardless of what you input on controller.

Any ideas?
I have other phantoms, but this one is confusing me.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try these two things. Take one back prop and swap it with the diagonal opposite one. Then try using about two thirds throttle to take off instead of slowly trying to throttle up.

agree with Ozzyguy almost every new pilot makes the mistake of trying to take off gently which leads to tipover and broken props. When you're ready to take off, apply 2/3 to full throttle for a few seconds until the Phantom is well up in the air a few meters. authoritative takeoffs are much more successful.

on the other side, many people recommend catching vs landing the Phantom, it's safer in many situations. This video (imo) has a perfect catch in the first 45 seconds

I agree with using 2/3 of throttle or even full power for the first 2-3 seconds the burst should make sure that it will go up and stay stable.
For a beginner I wouldn't recommend to catch it mid-fly because if you make a mistake with the sticks you could hurt yourself badly.
Remember props are cheap and replaceable , scars could stay forever

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks for your help guys.

It's certainly not a lack of authority in take off.
I've flown a phantom every day now for 6 months, I have 2 of them and know them well.

The one that won't fly is a client of ours and we suggested we took a look for him.
We assumed it would be pilot error but it's not.

Regardless of throttle input, anything above 40% ish and it flips over.
Tried swapping the props around, put a brand new set on, and also used a set from out fully working quad.

It's certainly a strange one.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozzyguy said:
Enter the assistant software and make sure quadrotor X is checked in the mixer sectioin.

+1, check to make sure lid is on correctly and also do stick cal and make sure they're all set to NORM

EMCSQUAR said:
Ozzyguy said:
Enter the assistant software and make sure quadrotor X is checked in the mixer sectioin.

+1, check to make sure lid is on correctly and also do stick cal and make sure they're all set to NORM

Check for broken soder joint connections ...Also check ESC all 4 you may have a short.Also check each motor to make sure the bearings arent bugged up.check for frame cracks underneath as well.

have you ever opened the top shelf and played with the cables on naza?

I had exactly same issue which was caused by the cables on naza.

if the answer is yes to above question ill add the photo how it should look like

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl