trouble with gyro?

Reaction score
After a crash, total rebuild with new motherboard and shells, my quad now will flip over on start up when I try to lift off, props are on correctly and all flight checks are done prior to attempts, all lights are good and get green flashing light for sat lock, have checked IMU and is also good to go, when I hold it up and start the motors and then increase speed( with props on and outdoors) the quad tries to either flip forward or backward and not rise, is this a GPS/gyro problem? Or did I not hook the ribbon wires up to the flight controller properly? any one have pics on this, my bad as I should have taken them myself......

Yes, simply transferred guts from one to new one, no motors or anything else removed. also ran up motors before assembly, all turn in right direction...

I can't help my self. Well that's your problem, they are turning to the right direction!

Ok back to getting serious. Are they turning opposite to each other? No wires crossed? Does it always flip in the same direction? I don't know how to check gyro, except to do a visual. Maybe check the output on the motherboard at the connection point? I think the gyro has a fixed connection on the unit itself. If not check it to see if it is getting power.

Got it, had that little nagging thought of the way the wires/leads go into the F/C box, yup put one for pitch in upside down, so all is well now, steady as a rock and all controls work well, back flying! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga