video saving on phone and sd card

Reaction score
Hi all...new to this forum....I have a 3pro...and using a samsung s6, Ive noticed when im recording videos it saves into my phone and also the sd card too....2 exact copys of the video apart from the sd card video is huge in file size compared to the one on the phone.
1 video on sd card was 2.87gb and the phone was around 250MB.

Anyone else having this?

The live stream to your phone is recorded and saved in lower resolution. The High resolution recording is saved to the memory card

Reactions: Saeed Sadeqin
Thanks for reply.... is this a default setting? Can it be stopped from recording to my phone?

It's possible to delete flight history after its saved. As far as a default to stop it completely I am not sure.

I believe the file saved to the phone is for playback while in the DJI Go app. Below the record button is a small white arrow pointing to the right. That is to playback your video's.

Check out the settings in the DJI Go app. I don't remember if you can turn off video caching on your phone entirely, but I know you can limit how much it will store (i.e. the app will automatically delete older videos once the limit is reached). I would recommend leaving it on though, as it's a potentially useful feature in the event something catastrophic were to happen and you lose your bird. If you were recording at the time, you'd at least have the cached video of the flight's last moments which could potentially aid in recovery and/or determining what went wrong.

Once your Phantom is home safe from a flight and you have the SD card, you can just delete the videos from your phone. Takes all of 20 seconds.

Reactions: Saeed Sadeqin
Thats a very good point.... there has been a couple of occassions when it hasnt recorded to phone and only to sd card. You ever seen this? I was out tonight and it made 2 recordings.

Yes, there should be a setting in DJI Go app where you can disable the video recording on your phone.

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet and i disable the video recording in mine. I think it is useless to have this lower resolution version of the same video, instead I use AZ Screen Recorder app to record the video I see on the tablet screen because it contains extra telemetry information.

Advance Setting has a setting for Video Cache, disable if you don't want to save on mobile device.

Size of the file/s on SD card will be as per the video settings set by you for camera settings.

Check out the settings in the DJI Go app. I don't remember if you can turn off video caching on your phone entirely, but I know you can limit how much it will store (i.e. the app will automatically delete older videos once the limit is reached). I would recommend leaving it on though, as it's a potentially useful feature in the event something catastrophic were to happen and you lose your bird. If you were recording at the time, you'd at least have the cached video of the flight's last moments which could potentially aid in recovery and/or determining what went wrong.

Once your Phantom is home safe from a flight and you have the SD card, you can just delete the videos from your phone. Takes all of 20 seconds.
Very helpful recommendation, thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl