Video Interruptions and Distance

Reaction score
I have been flying for over a P3A a year now and and am WAY too conservative when it comes to flying. I know that ;) But here are two things things I am curious about.

1st-I tend to get nervous whenever the video feed flickers/gets ANY type of interruption. I always feel like THAT is indicating that my phantom is losing connection. Intellectually, I understand that the video feed and controller connection are two different things but it still freaks me out a bit. lol. So...that's a long way of getting to, glitches in video (not from the card) to the tablet are fairly common, aren't they? I'm not talking major black outs, I'm talking those little millisecond interferences.

2nd-because of the 1st point, I never fly even 200 FEET away. Like, NEVER! I would love to go further, but want to be sure of #1 first.

So have at it, and let me know if how I'm feeling is something I need to push my boundaries a bit on. Thanks for any help with this!

Those little flickers are more annoyance than anything else. It can come from either a slow processor in your device or Line of Sight interference ( Trees, buildings etc...). or a few other things but not much to be concerned about, unless you are out of VLOS. Then you might get a little nervous about it. You have to somewhat trust that the hardware performs as it is designed to do. A bit like someone driving on an interstate at 45mph in a 65 limit area. If you are always worried about breaking down, having a flat etc..etc... you will never get the full potential that you purchased it for in the first place. Just my thinking. That doesn't mean to push the limits though.

I have been flying for over a P3A a year now and and am WAY too conservative when it comes to flying. I know that ;) But here are two things things I am curious about.

1st-I tend to get nervous whenever the video feed flickers/gets ANY type of interruption. I always feel like THAT is indicating that my phantom is losing connection. Intellectually, I understand that the video feed and controller connection are two different things but it still freaks me out a bit. lol. So...that's a long way of getting to, glitches in video (not from the card) to the tablet are fairly common, aren't they? I'm not talking major black outs, I'm talking those little millisecond interferences.

2nd-because of the 1st point, I never fly even 200 FEET away. Like, NEVER! I would love to go further, but want to be sure of #1 first.

So have at it, and let me know if how I'm feeling is something I need to push my boundaries a bit on. Thanks for any help with this!
Get some wind surfers for your antennas or look into the 32 channel hack. You can change to the upper channels when needed to reduce interference.
Amazon.com: FabQuality Booster Range Extender Booster Copper Parabolic Antenna Signal Range Booster with BUNDLE Sticker Set and Cleaning Cloth - Windsurfer for Phantom 4, 3 Pro Advanced Standard & Inspire (2pcs): Toys & Games

More channels hack

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl