Video Interference after ribbon swap. purple/pink/magenta with green

Reaction score
I am having problems. My P3P was crash landed last weekend by my friend while we were out on a camping trip. The ribbon cable had a noticeable place that was damaged and a spot that had abrasion but not positive if it was only superficial. Also the yaw arm was bent and cracked.

The symptoms were: black vertical lines similar to moire (spl?) lines all across the screen during recording video down feed to my phone, in all still photos taken and videos shot that save to the sdcard but not seen during regular flight on my phones screen.

So Tuesday on eBay from f/stop labs I purchased a yaw arm ribbon cable set. It arrived last night and I installed it last night. All pictures that were took last night indoors looked fine, but had vertical black lines where there was overexposure. This was remedied with the ev. The problems arose when I slid over to video mode. The screen took on this purple/pink/magenta interference. Horizontal random interference with some green in it. I took a few videos amd the recording down to my phone and the view on the screen had the interference, as well as the recording on the sdcard. I put it away for the night.

This morning I tried it outside. Exactly 50% of the photos taken have large blocky interference of the same color. This does not happen when I am viewing during flight on my phone. When I switch to video mode it is the same as before. Random purple/pink/magenta interference with some green. On all videos recorded down to my phone during flight or recorded to the sdcard.

Does this look like a camera sensor problem or does it appear to be a faulty ribbon cable from f/stop?

49521f558d60721a0058c6ecd9175318.jpg

This is what all photos and videos looked like before I replaced the yaw arm and stock ribbon cable.

This may sound daft, but what ways can it be installed wrong.

I imagine that if all connections are seated properly and the adhesive locations are firmly located, all should be fine. What other installation issues should I look for when I take it back apart? Also, what is the out of box failure rate of the non genuine f/stop labs ribbon cables? Pretty high?

Just a guess, but the contacts could be dirty on the ribbon cable or the connectors. Or you could have a burned out trace on the PC board side.

Looks like bad ribbon cable!! If you bought a cheapo from eBay and not an original, which are 3 times the price of the cheap knock offs then there is a good chance it is the cable due to crap materials and lack of quality manufacturing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl