Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Video feed LAG since v. 1.9

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by ImJim, Aug 19, 2016.

1. ImJim

Hey,

It's been a year since I haven't flied my P3A. I updated to v.1.9 before flying again. During the year, I had a new iPhone, (the 6S). When I did my first flight yesterday, I noticed a lot of sudden jumps, black and even green bars going through the screen, stops, huge delay (sometimes 7 second delay).. when looking at my iPhone screen, during flight. I'm really worried about that, and I'd like to know if anyone has experienced these glitches with his iPhone 6S / or with the 1.9 version of the firmware. Note that I have "hardware decode" ON, and the two HDMI options set to OFF.

Thanks in advance..

2. Dronason

I notice same when I play with it but at home where there are a lot of Wifi, using a fix Channels (1-32) or using Auto don't change that much.
    It is by period, sometimes good, sometime 5-6 seconds. The remote control is not affected by any delay, only the video feed.
    When I am out in open space, it just operate nicely.
    Where you flying ? Maybe the surrounding has changed during this year.

There is also a guy here (Phantom 3 Advanced Video Lag FIXED! – UAVDoc) that solved his lag due to some heat issue in the gimbal board. I will also check if this help.

1 or the other or both or another, that's the question.

3. ImJim

I'm in the same location as last last year, and I don't remember any lag or delay. I had great flights last year! The only thing that has changed since, is the phone I use, (I had a 5S last year) and also the USB module on the controller that I replaced, (the original one was defective).

Your link is interesting.. I'll try to fly in even more open spaces, to see if anything changes. Also, I can't find the bitrate settings in the app.. (Wait, it's probably accessible if you choose custom channel mode, right?)

4. Dronason

Yes, bit rate can be selected only in custom mode.

5. ImJim

I don't really like custom mode, cause if the channel you're on gets unstable, you're most likely to f*ck your phantom ..

6. Dronason

Yes, at least you keep telemetry (GPS position on map and orientation) and remote control (RTH).
    I must say I don't know if you switch in such case from custom to auto if it would restore the video feed. I always thought it would do.

7. ImJim

I guess it would do. :)

But.. Yeah. Really upset about these lags and glitches, it's really concerning.

8. soupbone10

9. Dronason

10. soupbone10

11. Dronason

Good, I ordered some pads but was still asking me if I should do it or not. Rain is expected tomorrow here, so...
    Thanks for having reported it.