Who else is having video lag issues?

Reaction score
For the past month I have had horrible video lag when flying my P3A. No crashes, no hardware issues....just seemed to start randomly. I have no idea if my phone (iPhone 6s) automatically updated to the newest iOS....but since this started I have updated everything....firmware on P3A, controller,camera,dji app....still the same thing. The video on the iPhone 6s will lag a good 3-5 seconds behind, screen will go black and try to refresh itself....just to go back to lagging again and again. Have never had any issues before but this is absolutely infuriating. Deleted a bunch of apps on my phone to free up a lot of space....did nothin g. Tried my wife's phone (iPhone 6s)...same thing, please tell me I'm not alone

For the past month I have had horrible video lag when flying my P3A. No crashes, no hardware issues....just seemed to start randomly. I have no idea if my phone (iPhone 6s) automatically updated to the newest iOS....but since this started I have updated everything....firmware on P3A, controller,camera,dji app....still the same thing. The video on the iPhone 6s will lag a good 3-5 seconds behind, screen will go black and try to refresh itself....just to go back to lagging again and again. Have never had any issues before but this is absolutely infuriating. Deleted a bunch of apps on my phone to free up a lot of space....did nothin g. Tried my wife's phone (iPhone 6s)...same thing, please tell me I'm not alone
HI not have p3A but does it run usb cord could try another and check transmission channels for interference free channel,,,,I say usb because me p4 one was faulty from new

I've got the iPhone 6 Plus, no issues with that. I do sometimes get lag on my iPad, but not till I'm 8000ft out then it stutters a bit.

Have you tried all of these suggestions?

P3A video now lagging badly...why?

Reactions: JoBe
Tried all USB cords, no difference. Recorded video while flying to see if the video would be smooth upon review...it wasn't, the recorded video is choppy just like when I view in real time

I'm reluctant to remove cable from gimbal to phantom....I'm not really even sure which cable the poster was talking about?

Tried all USB cords, no difference. Recorded video while flying to see if the video would be smooth upon review...it wasn't, the recorded video is choppy just like when I view in real time
When you say that you reviewed the recorded video, are you referring to the video cached on your device by the app or the actual video recorded to the SD card? If its the video on the app, it would, of course look just like the video you are seeing 'real time'. If you are looking at the video on the SD card on your PC, then the problem has nothing to do with your cable and phone. The problem is in the camera. What format are you recording in on the card? If its the higher resolution formats, you might be running into some issues with the speed of the card. Also, try a reformat of the card while it is in the aircraft using the Go app. PC reformats often don't reset file and section pointers the way that the aircraft camera wants them causing some issues.

I'm reluctant to remove cable from gimbal to phantom....I'm not really even sure which cable the poster was talking about?
I wouldn't remove any cables, but you might want to check that the cables coming from the aircraft to the gimbal (the small flat cables) are both seated properly in their sockets. and check for any, even minor, nicks or cuts.

I was having the same problem you are experienced with video lag time. I sent mine out for repair non DJI work because mine was out of warranty, anyway they replaced the ODFM board on my bird and everything worked as expected like when I got it brand new.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers