Video feed Android

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have changed tablets two times since they don't seem to work with my Phantom 4. Terrible lag and the video feed is horrible. I changed to a Nvidia Shield K1 and I still have the same problem.

Today I also used my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge phone and had the same issue. When I use an iPad Pro no problems at all (except its very inconvenient for travel)

Any ideas? Otherwise I'll have to sell my Nvidia Shield.

Here is the video:

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: jakobe75
Hi all,

I have changed tablets two times since they don't seem to work with my Phantom 4. Terrible lag and the video feed is horrible. I changed to a Nvidia Shield K1 and I still have the same problem.

Today I also used my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge phone and had the same issue. When I use an iPad Pro no problems at all (except its very inconvenient for travel)

Any ideas? Otherwise I'll have to sell my Nvidia Shield.

Here is the video:

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

have you tried different usb cable to the androids.
I had to go back to RC fw 1.6 to clean up video issues RC 1.8 created.

good luck and have fun flying!

I had same problem. I downgraded my firmware to prior upgrade and it's back to normal. Make sure you do the drone first then any extra batteries, then the remote controller. Hope it helps you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yep same here! rolled back to GO 2.9.1 with the good maps that follow, RC 1.6 and AC 01.02.0503 and I got my bird back.

Reactions: eljosemaria
Thanks for the replies. Are there some sort of instructions to do the firmware rollback?

Thanks for the replies. Are there some sort of instructions to do the firmware rollback?
Open dj app assistant 2 ( for the pc)...if you not have, download from dji site.
Connect your drone to pc usb Port.
Search FIRMWARE... select your previous firmware....enjoy

I have had this same kinda problem with my Acer ONE 10 tablet (it works fine and is not expensive), although it foxed me for a while I realised that there was a button on the tablet screed (tablet doctor) that switches OFF other apps so you get the tablet FULLY set to your DJI or Litchie prog. Before I managed to do this and although I only use the tablet for my P4, sometimes the lag would look like 'Time travel', you could pull your hand across the line of sight of the camera and watch the screen and sometimes 10 seconds or so later you would see it happen. I've not had the problem since I go through checking this on setup. Maybe you have a similar device on your tablet? I don't know I'm not up to speed with yours. I hope it helps.

Regards,;):confused::rolleyes:

I have been an iOS go app user from day one but I got a Nidia shield k1 and the new DJI go 4 lags and then dumps and go's offline.

It really is bad when I am up at 300ft and the disconnect warning shows or video downlink is broken up with white clouds and then the go app disappears totally and I have to launch this android app again while in flight!

The iOS version is 99% video clean and never closed it self on my iOS iPad mini 2 or my iPad Air 2 or my iPhone 7 plus.

Definitely under the latest android OS, the DJI go 4 is dangers!

Best regards,
Steve

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Kirk2579, I see the same issue on my Nvidia Shield k1 and Galaxy s4 reused phone. Both devices have the go 4 app and just the standard apps that get loaded with the android os and I shut them down so no background activity at all, just the go app 4.

Hope DJI can improve this OS version of the app. I also use the HDMI port on my controller and that always clean.

I think the app uses a lot of processing resources.

Maybe this android go app 4 will improve overtime, I see this issue on all my birds, P4, inspire 1, P4 pro and Mavic.

Hope this data point helps!

Best regards,
Steve

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yep same here! rolled back to GO 2.9.1 with the good maps that follow, RC 1.6 and AC 01.02.0503 and I got my bird back.
Hi, I did the same like you, but now I get a new window to force download to update the app. What can I do?

And idea how to resolve this?

Kvu8ROK.png

Not pushing Litchi, just noting that I have no problems at all (with anything) on the current up to date firmware on the AC, RC, and batteries, as well as the latest Android OS (Nougat). So Litchi's an option if you're willing to spend the $30.

Well worth it IMO, regardless of whether you're on Android or iOS.

My phone always connects to the controller and hence the ac. My android tablet mostly connects to the controller and hence the ac. But my Ipad mini never connects. I have not told the Ipad my dji username, when does that happen?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Try lower the data transmission rate and switching channels.

I have a similar issue with my p4 and nvidia tablet

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl