Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Video editing software

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by Davey B, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Davey B

I use powerdirector 14 for video editing but it runs really slowly with the footage I get from my P3S. I'm used to using 1080p from an SJCAM SJ4000 and it runs ok in that but I wonder if the extra resolution in the 2.7K video from the P3S is too much for it. To be fair I have a pretty old computer (Dell Inspiron 530s Specs) and so that won't help but just wondering what others have found with editing 2.7k footage? I'm not too keen to buy another PC unless I really have to and if I did I would want to know that it would work very well.

Cheers

2. 4wd

4wd

There are ways to make the footage more manageable, e.g. you might try converting it to AVI with a program such as handbrake.fr
    This is an annoying extra step but does seem to run reasonably quickly.
    I would imagine if the software is running it at all it can do it but your computer is struggling.

Squirrel! likes this.
  3. Cameronb1

For editing footage, you need plenty of RAM, and a fairly decent processor. I think you may need a more powerful PC, sorry to say. Even my Hp Envy 17 stutters occasionally while editing 2.7k. (using the processor, an i7,not the GPU)(specs)

Squirrel! likes this.
  4. Mark The Droner

I always reboot before editing my vid to minimize memory problems...

Squirrel! likes this.