Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

vibration

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by westray, Jul 28, 2014.

1. westray

Hi all.I have both a phantom 2 with h3-2d and a phantom vision.I love them both but realy like the vision because of its ability to take snaps and video using the app.I have a blackpearl screen and Fatshark goggles for the p2.I have recently fitted a cheap chinese gimbal to the vision to get steadier video.Everthing is working fine including the camera tilt using the phone.My problem is that I am now getting a lot of high frequency vibration when hovering.Does anyone think that I should adjust the gains after adding the extra weight? All motors are ok and blades are balanced.

2. Pull_Up

When I added a Rotorpixel (which is a fair bit heavier than your setup I'm guessing) there was and is no adverse vibration across the airframe... Are you referring to vibration in the airframe, oscillations in hovering or do you mean jello on the footage?

3. westray

Vibrations in the airframe.You can see the legs vibrating.

4. westray

Just out of interest Pull_Up ,what are your gain settings?

5. Pull_Up

On the Vision they are totally stock - never had a need to change them from DJI defaults, and I've got a "fat" Vision coming in at 1460g flying weight with the gimbal and the Flytrex Live and so on.

6. westray

Could you tell me what is stock?I have mine at 120 across the board in basic and 200 in attitude.

7. DKDarkness

Do you get the same vibrations, when your gimbal is not powered on? (Remove jack and place a piece of rubber tubing over it to avoid a short, to test) if not, your PID settings may be of, resulting in resonance from the gimbal (overcompensation) you can test this by powering on the gimbal on the ground and tapping it with a finger. If you can provoke the vibration, adjust your PID settings.