Phantom 2 shaking/vibrating after firmware updates

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D and GoPro HERO3+ Black Edition camera, iOSD Mini and 400mW 5.8 GHz video transmitter.
Setup WORKED great, flew far away and as high as I never thought I would.

So after hooking the Phantom 2 up to my PC yesterday, the Assistant Software prompted me to perform 2 new updates: the P330CB central board version 1.0.1.31, and the Zenmuse H3-3D IMU version 1.0.0.6.

After updating, I noticed the Phantom 2 would start shaking almost immediately after take-off (it takes off smoothly). It is certainly not uncontrollable (can hover/move/land), but nonetheless noticeable, especially by looking at the landing skids and the gimbal, showing that something is causing a tiny, high frequency and constant shaking/vibration. Almost as if the props aren't balanced - but they ARE, and it did fly and hover super smooth before the above updates. Never had a crash, by the way.
You can also HEAR it vibrating while in the air, as if the motors RPM are changing rapidly several times a second.
I don't think it's a good idea to take it to a flight now, as after some stick movement, the vibrations seem to become stronger.

Calibrated the IMU (both basic and advanced), calibrated the compass, did not help.
Did not change the gains either, those are still at the factory settings in the software, and I have always flown with those gain settings.

One of my team members has our spare Phantom 2 that we use for tests and spare parts, also known as a good and smooth flying machine, and he also updated the central board and H3-3D IMU, and this afternoon I saw exactly the same problem with that unit as well.

So since we now have 2 units with this problem, I heavily suspect it has something to do with either the P330CB 1.0.1.31 or the H3-3D IMU 1.0.0.6, or a combination of both.
I also can't really believe there aren't others with the same setup and now the same problem, as it should be no coincidence having TWO Phantom 2's that flew great before.

Please share your thoughts.
Thanks!

Yep, mine is shaking like a washer machine. Started after one of the recent updates. Sure would like to know know why, sometimes it can be seen in my recordings.

Exactly! Like a washing machine! Almost sort of the same sound too! Starts like 2-3 seconds after take-off.
They'd better fix this soon. Vibrations are deadly to the flight controller.

Been fiddling with it, and there seems to be an update, although I am somehow not 100% sure it is the solution.

The high frequency vibrating typically looked like the gains were set too high. But I never changed the gains, nor the setup/payload.
That is, if the Assistant Software did not change them FOR me, as part of the newer firmware updates maybe. Stupid thought maybe, but I can't say for sure, since I didn't memorize the gain settings prior to the earlier mentioned updates.

The gains were set at:

BASIC Pitch: 120%, Roll: 120%, Yaw: 120%, Vertical: 200%.
ATTITUDE Pitch: 220%, Roll: 220%.

The vibrations go away when I set them to:

BASIC Pitch: 100%, Roll: 100%, Yaw: 120%, Vertical: 200%.
ATTITUDE Pitch: 220%, Roll: 220%.

It appears to be working, by just checking a stable hover in my living room.
Still need to test it outside, but are these good settings anyway?

I have two phantoms 2v+ and I have the exact same problem on both quads after the firmware upgrade. I've tried reducing the gains like RCblog.nl but had no luck, it still dances in the air like an old washer machine.
Any other possible solution? Thanks!

RCblog.nl said:
It appears to be working, by just checking a stable hover in my living room.

You can fly a phantom in your living room? :eek:

Uhh... yes? Can't you?
No seriously, I can fly anything in my living room, but you need to be experienced enough.

RCblog.nl said:
Uhh... yes? Can't you?
No seriously, I can fly anything in my living room, but you need to be experienced enough.

I can fly the Hubsan clone i have but i wouldn't dream of starting the P2V up in my living room, the ceiling is only 7.5ft high

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik