Very Disconcerting During Litchi Waypoint Mission

I know this is an old thread but I have been looking for an answer to an issue I am having and noticed you are the only person that has given a link to you mission plan. looking at your mission WP 5 , 6 and 7 the POI focus is disabled, but you probably found that by now?
Thanks for looking. That was by design as I wanted the gimbal to stay pitched up and not at the poi at the very end. This part of the mission is unrelated to the problem area which is between 2 and 3. Also, that focus poi setting applies to gimbal angle (pitch) and not aiming the aircraft (Yaw). The problem I experienced were with Yaw which is unaffected by that setting.

Here is the mission.

Mission Hub - Litchi

It stopped drizzling so I flew it again and it worked. The only thing is that the drone is not facing the POI like it should - heading seems to be off. I wonder if there is some compass interference at that point. But at 300'? Would that even cause this? But the heading is off in a reproducible way. I get no compass errors though.

I have been reading the post again.

First off I had similar error on a mission the camera just went limp and just pointed strait down.
When flying a mission with curved turns the drone never gets to the waypoint so it can't pick up any new Instructions / Actions 'Stay For' 'Start / Stop Recording etc. The Gimbal pitch is controlled constantly from your controller if it loses contact the camera will point to the ground.

Looking at your mission settings you are using 'Straight Lines' but looking at your WP's they all have curves and WP 2 has 187ft curve, a Straight Line mission has Curve size of 1ft. Perhaps at PW 2 it is getting confused with the curve on a straight line mission, but I am only guessing. Have you tried moving WP 2 say 200ft closer to WP3 just past the point where the mission is stopping if there is some interference around that area.

I have been reading the post again.

First off I had similar error on a mission the camera just went limp and just pointed strait down.
When flying a mission with curved turns the drone never gets to the waypoint so it can't pick up any new Instructions / Actions 'Stay For' 'Start / Stop Recording etc. The Gimbal pitch is controlled constantly from your controller if it loses contact the camera will point to the ground.

Looking at your mission settings you are using 'Straight Lines' but looking at your WP's they all have curves and WP 2 has 187ft curve, a Straight Line mission has Curve size of 1ft. Perhaps at PW 2 it is getting confused with the curve on a straight line mission, but I am only guessing. Have you tried moving WP 2 say 200ft closer to WP3 just past the point where the mission is stopping if there is some interference around that area.
I changed from curved turns to straight and probably back again while troubleshooting. Since this is an old thread you probably aren't seeing consistency. I also think I posted a healthy drones link containing both a straight line and curved turns link. I've never seen the camera point at the ground when losing connection. Only hold its last position. I can't test moving the waypoints because the problem went away.

With this conundrum, sorry if I missed it, but have you deleted and rebuilt the Litchi mission from scratch? As I read through these threads, I'm assuming that the mission was created using the Litchi hub interface (as opposed to your iPhone)?

Can you reproduce these errors with a new but precise remade version of the mission?

Let's not forget that the data uploaded to system memory on the bird is being parsed mostly likely in real time on the interface (both through the hub or through your device/tablet/phone) at mission creation/edit time. It is certainly not impossible that a parsing error could take place while working in either interface (phone or hub). I plan my missions 99.9% using the Litchi hub where I would expect a mission creation problem or inconsistency to make itself known before I get airborne.

Hope this provides some new possibilities ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart