VERY COOL WAY TO GO LITCHI

Reaction score
Now there's even fewer reasons to buy a Phantom 4

Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 11.46.08 AM.png

I thought that the track feature on litchi was basically like follow me on Dji go app? Unlike the track feature on phantom 4 that follows what the camera sees.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

They're talking about Visual tracking, tracking you as an image I believe instead of the FPV. I may be wrong though.

It's visual tracking. The computer vision algorithms are pretty readily available, so it was only a matter of time until he got it done. Good job.

Using two fingers, tap on the screen to place a rectangle around your subject, the Phantom will yaw and control the pitch of the camera to keep the subject in the frame while you're flying.

Ok so it doesn't actually track you like the phantom 4 does where you draw a square around subject and the phantom will follow that subject around without you touching the controls.

Ok so it doesn't actually track you like the phantom 4 does where you draw a square around subject and the phantom will follow that subject around without you touching the controls.

Yes it will do that but you need a powerful device for it to work. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 and the Phantom had some erratic movements when I tried it.

Hmmm I have a iPad mini 2..maybe I'll try it out this weekend

Yes it will do that but you need a powerful device for it to work. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 and the Phantom had some erratic movements when I tried it.
So when you were using it were you actually tracking a person and letting the drone follow them around while you just watched the screen?

So when you were using it were you actually tracking a person and letting the drone follow them around while you just watched the screen?

Affirmative, I was walking down the street and my P3S was trying its best to follow me.
After work might try it with my iPhone 5S to see if it follows any better.
I need the wind to let up though, 20 km/h gusting to 40 km/h right now.

Affirmative, I was walking down the street and my P3S was trying its best to follow me.
After work might try it with my iPhone 5S to see if it follows any better.
I need the wind to let up though, 20 km/h gusting to 40 km/h right now.
Ok well that's just like the follow me on the Dji go app...I'm referring to active track like the ps4 has that follows a person that's on the screen, nothing to do with following the controller...I didn't think litchi would do that...

Ok well that's just like the follow me on the Dji go app...I'm referring to active track like the ps4 has that follows a person that's on the screen, nothing to do with following the controller...I didn't think litchi would do that...

You are getting confused my friend. Yes, I did have my RC in my hands but I was using track-follow mode. There was a green box around me on the screen and my phantom was following that image.

I may have misunderstood you...so you weren't holding your remote when walking down the street?

Ok that's what I'm talking about!!! That's bad ***!!!

You must have replied while I was replying to you, LOL.
I was not brave enough to set the RC down and run around like that though.

Well the guy that posted a video wasn't holding the remote and it was following him so it must work[emoji106]

Reactions: CRF319
does the litchi app use the VPS to prevent it hitting the ground while using track mode? for example if i drop its altitude to 2.5m, the VPS kicks in and it maintains altitude at 2.5m wether the terrain rises or falls. the DJI When I use the Go app does this but i think the aircraft handles this.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl