Version 1 verses version 1.1.1 controller

Reaction score
First time on the forum so please forgive me if I am asking a stupid question. I have a version 1.1.1 Phantom that got wet so it now has issues. I just purchased a used Phantom that does not have the self center sticks on the controller. Can I marry up the controller from my busted quad with the one I just bought?

Can I use a version 1.1.1 controller with the self centering sticks with an earlier version Phantom quad copter?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Don

No, the old controller doesn't work with the 1.1.1 receiver, or vice versa. Assuming the receiver from you 1.1.1 still works, you could transplant that into the used Phantom, then you could use your existing 1.1.1 controller. I wouldn't do that if you dunked it in saltwater, but freshwater should be OK.

Another alternative is to purchase a 1.1.1 receiver; last I checked they were $15-20.

Thanks for the info. It was fresh water and yes the receiver is still working. But if I can get another receiver for only $20 I would rather do that. Do you get the receivers direct from DJI if they are available?

Don

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18