Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Using multiple SD Cards

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by Fosko, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Fosko

Is there anything "special" that needs to be done if I want to use multiple SD Cards? I.e. format each new one prior to flight, firmware update for each one? Just wanting to check because I want to carry a few extras in case a problem ever occurs with one I have backups. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Nope. Just insert them and use them.

The firmware is installed on your Phantom/RC/batteries. After installing it, the BIN file no longer needs to be kept on your memory card.

Propagandy, Squirrel! and LK8472 like this.
  3. Fosko

Thank you! That is exactly what I was wondering about. I've read many mixed topics about that, and I just wanted to make sure. Thanks again!

4. Squirrel!

Agreed. I was wondering if I had to copy/paste the bin from one card to the other...

5. Gunnz

Had a question about sd cards I have a 64gb Sandisk Ultra SDXC 1 Class 10. It says invaild card. Thoughts?

6. Fosko

Looks like these people had similar problems. Might want to try what they are talking about yo see if it works. [​IMG]

7. Gunnz

On my third micro sd 64gb card and none of them have worked. This particular time I went and bought a Kingston 64gb class 10 uhs 1 48 speed . It still says invalid card. I also formatted ntfs and popped it in gimbal tryied format got invalid sd card. Tried formatting with guiformat.exe and it still gives me a error. Any suggestions?

Top left card is one I had in my Note 4 and it works!
    Top right card is the one it came with works (of course)
    Bottom left card is one i bought today and it doesn't work
    Bottom right card is out of my wife's Samsung Tab Pro S 10.5 doesn't work. Ugh

[​IMG]

#7 Gunnz, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  8. Fosko

Wish I could offer some valid suggestions. I've only had my Phantom for a little over 2 months and I'm still pretty green. I'd suggest starting a topic if you haven't yet. Tons of knowledge on this forum. Good luck!

9. Gunnz

It's cool only had mine a few days now. Got it last friday. I have one that works so far and have posted in another thread. Just wish I knew exactly which ones worked

10. Energy Guy

I fly with 32 gb SanDisk ultra UHS-I microSDHC from Wallyworld. $16, no problems. I can shoot a lot of batteries in RAW and video before it fills up. I keep an extra in my back pack. I download my files to a hard drive every so often, but I've never run out of memory.