Using multiple SD Cards

Reaction score
Is there anything "special" that needs to be done if I want to use multiple SD Cards? I.e. format each new one prior to flight, firmware update for each one? Just wanting to check because I want to carry a few extras in case a problem ever occurs with one I have backups. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nope. Just insert them and use them.

The firmware is installed on your Phantom/RC/batteries. After installing it, the BIN file no longer needs to be kept on your memory card.

Thank you! That is exactly what I was wondering about. I've read many mixed topics about that, and I just wanted to make sure. Thanks again!

Agreed. I was wondering if I had to copy/paste the bin from one card to the other...

Looks like these people had similar problems. Might want to try what they are talking about yo see if it works.
8a66118b97a50713d1194b3986be75da.jpg

On my third micro sd 64gb card and none of them have worked. This particular time I went and bought a Kingston 64gb class 10 uhs 1 48 speed . It still says invalid card. I also formatted ntfs and popped it in gimbal tryied format got invalid sd card. Tried formatting with guiformat.exe and it still gives me a error. Any suggestions?

Top left card is one I had in my Note 4 and it works!
Top right card is the one it came with works (of course)
Bottom left card is one i bought today and it doesn't work
Bottom right card is out of my wife's Samsung Tab Pro S 10.5 doesn't work. Ugh

Last edited:
Wish I could offer some valid suggestions. I've only had my Phantom for a little over 2 months and I'm still pretty green. I'd suggest starting a topic if you haven't yet. Tons of knowledge on this forum. Good luck!

It's cool only had mine a few days now. Got it last friday. I have one that works so far and have posted in another thread. Just wish I knew exactly which ones worked

I fly with 32 gb SanDisk ultra UHS-I microSDHC from Wallyworld. $16, no problems. I can shoot a lot of batteries in RAW and video before it fills up. I keep an extra in my back pack. I download my files to a hard drive every so often, but I've never run out of memory.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl