Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Useful Gimbal Spredsheet

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by Skipholiday, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Skipholiday

2. GneeChee

Very nice ... very helpful.

Thanks for sharing!

3. AllanVB

The truth will set you free.... Thanks

4. SlackerATX

I wish this was around when I first started looking for one. Nice Job. I think the waiting time is is significant enough and varies enough to warrant its own column. 3D is 5 days to Texas.

Good luck with the wait time column though. I suspect some Gimbal Nazis will come around shaking their fists trying to burn your spreadsheet. :D

5. Skipholiday

I found this on one of DJI Phantom Facebook pages.

6. hellhole

brillant!! i also wish i seen this a couple of week ago!

i got the feiyu tech one.. imo ... weight and price.. its a pretty good deal...
    i think they need to add a columm on footprint.. this tells you if it takes up the whole bottom of the phantom or not..

7. mchrol

Great man !

Appriciated. Now I know one thing. So far no good and meting my requirements gimbal yet. From the other hand how long can wait for some good gimbal? Need to decide on some.

8. Pull_Up

I'd say that was very fair. Hopefully it gets updated as features and prices change. Could probably use additional space for features - things like dronexpert's 7th channel kit included, or Rotorpixel GoPro compatibility & 3rd axis upgrade. An average flight time with gimbal installed column would be most useful as well...

9. mchrol

I agree with pull up about flying time. Would be nice for those who has or will have rotorpixel. DE from some threads indicate for 15 minutes flight time. Rotorpixel has almost double weight than DE.

10. Pull_Up

I get 17 minutes with a properly balanced Rotorpixel from 100% to 19% on a typical video sortie. It seems very efficient in its power use, so it's not just a factor of weight. I used to get about 22 mins before

11. mr_3_0_5

12. mchrol

Good, As I think dude made himself such gimbal. Good for him. Unofrtunatelly for me need waaait loong time to have such gimbal.

13. mr_3_0_5

I'm surprised more people haven't commented on this
    Hopefully he gets it all sorted this week and I can buy one . Lol

14. ZonComGMZ

Hey all I created the spreadsheet for the gimbals. If you have any additions or changes let me know. If you want a column added give me some data to populate in the column. Glad it is helpful.

15. SlackerATX

Just saw you update the shipping column for DroneXpert, I read 5 weeks 3 days ago. 3D is 5 days verified 3 different buyers the past week.

How about a column for "Controller". Taco and I believe RP both use BaseCam. If there are any hardware difference it would be interesting.

16. SlackerATX

Also, I think 8 weeks for RP is generous. "Good ******* Luck", might be more appropriate. :eek:

17. ZonComGMZ

I was in the process of moving it to another row when you saw it. I have it as a Week.

Added it.

18. ZonComGMZ

Hoping Keri gets things ramped up then. Giving him the benefit of the doubt until I see otherwise.

19. DaveTown

Info on the Airy gimbal....

I ordered mine from HeliPal. It shipped the next day, and arrived in NJ 9 days later. It gets power from the battery's balance connector, and comes with the cable to connect to X2. Gimbal seems to be painted alumin(i)um, and the mounting plates appear to be carbon. Easy to install, no soldering, and works great. Use care when unplugging from the battery. My wires came off in the first week of use. Quick solder job got things working again.