USB port the cause?

Reaction score
I am unable to watch my P4 video on my laptop though it plays well on my son's new gaming computer. It is very jerky or it won't even move off the initial frame. A computer store guy said he thinks it's because my laptop (4-5 yrs old) has USB 2.0 ports instead of 3.0. Does that make sense?

What laptop (what CPU and how much memory). And what resolution is the video you're trying to watch?

If the video resolution is greater than 1080P then most likely your laptop can't handle it. Laptops are a compromise between performance and portability.

I have an Intel i7 desktop computer... It plays 4K video flawlessly. I also have an Intel i5 laptop. It freezes and stutters badly when playing 4K video. High def vidoe requires a lot of horsepower to play.

PS Out of interest, I have some USB 1 ports on the i7 desktop. I can still play the video no problem from the card. It's not your USB speed that's bogging things down.

I am unable to watch my P4 video on my laptop though it plays well on my son's new gaming computer. It is very jerky or it won't even move off the initial frame. A computer store guy said he thinks it's because my laptop (4-5 yrs old) has USB 2.0 ports instead of 3.0. Does that make sense?

the computer is just not up to that high of video playback.

they were not designed to do that stuff 5 years ago and while great fro internet or email they just cant play high def video

also simply copy the video to the pc hard drive and play from it.
and the usb is no longer an issue at all....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl