What is the use of the mini-USB port on the HDMI module?

Reaction score
i have installed the new HDMI module on the RC of my P3A al ports work fine (USB and HDMI) but the mini USB port does not do anything when i connect it to a phone or tablet.
What is the use of that port, any one please?

I bought a pair of Nebula HDMI goggles and i wanted to power them up vis the mini USB port.

I use it to download my video from the P3P without having to take the micro SD card out.

volantis You are referring to the aircraft mini usb port. i am asking about the Remote Controller mini USB port

Yeah...I couldn't figure out what it was for either. Even without the HDMI upgrade board, there is a micro USB port next to the regular USB port on the bottom of the controller...tried a microB to microB cable - nothing, tried an OTG to USB - nothing, tried a microB to USB - nothing. I can't even tell if a signal of ANY kind is being output from this port or not...

Reactions: Mr.Spock
Yeah...I couldn't figure out what it was for either. Even without the HDMI upgrade board, there is a micro USB port next to the regular USB port on the bottom of the controller...tried a microB to microB cable - nothing, tried an OTG to USB - nothing, tried a microB to USB - nothing. I can't even tell if a signal of ANY kind is being output from this port or not...
That's right! I hope someone will let us know if it can be activated somehow please.

Well, you replaced the whole board when you swapped out the HDMI board - still nothing??? It has to be there for SOME reason...

Well, you replaced the whole board when you swapped out the HDMI board - still nothing??? It has to be there for SOME reason...
Yes and the reason I changed the module to the HDMI one is to conect my new HDMI goggle so they conect to the HDMI but they need power too so if that mini USB is dead then I have a big issue.

Thought dji said future use. Special port.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

From the manual...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442529439.957706.jpg

Reactions: D4T_PoM and JBG
Support4.Europe (DJI)

9月18日 16:11

Hello Sir,

The little usb port is designed for future improvement and innovation on the RC. It is designed to connect the RC to the computer and work with specific software.

Best regards
Technical support
DJI GmbH

I was under the impression that those glasses were powered over HDMI and you only needed the power brick if you were mirroring your screen to the glasses.

Hi and thank you. I read all the threads and sub threads that are linked with the link that you attached but I found not a single description about what the RC mini USB port does. There is mentioning of the CAN port but even for that nobody has a clue in these threads as to what is or will it be doing. ..?
I direct linked you to the post.

NicRutPhotography said:
Can you explain to me what the canbus port could be used for in the future upgrades? Thank you!

BladeStrike Said It's for future upgrade possibilities

I was under the impression that those glasses were powered over HDMI and you only needed the power brick if you were mirroring your screen to the glasses.
Wow that's fantastic ok then I don't need a power bank. Do you own them glases ?

I direct linked you to the post.

NicRutPhotography said:
Can you explain to me what the canbus port could be used for in the future upgrades? Thank you!

BladeStrike Said It's for future upgrade possibilities
I am curious too so I have send an email to DJI support for the CAN port

Wow that's fantastic ok then I don't need a power bank. Do you own them glases ?
No, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that was the case. Might want to double check w/ the seller. Or, ask the question here under a new topic w/ a descriptive title. I think there are a couple guys one here that have them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic