USB Assistant Dongle - shell mount - no need to open battery door

Reaction score
I find the USB dongle for connecting to USB for the Assistant software a bit inconvenient.

Has anyone come up with a way of mounting it inside the shell so that it's more convenient and you don't have to open the battery door or fish it out of the shell each time?

Every time I install the battery I have to push the USB connector inside the shell which makes it a little difficult to fish it back out when I need to connect to the assistant.

A "through the shell" mount so you could just plug the USB cable to it would be great.

The FC40 has a through shell connection if you want to go to the trouble or just drill a hole!

The FC40 has a through shell connection if you want to go to the trouble or just drill a hole!

Ok. Thanks.

Is this it?
ai26332406-37-thumb-phantom-3.jpg

Maybe I can order the mount that is used on the FC40 and install that in my P1.
But then the P1 has a USB male mini port and this appears to be a USB Fermale MICRO port.

Just drilling a hole won't work because something needs to hold the port securely to the shell.
Otherwise it will just push inside every time the USB cable is plugged in.

Boy could I use a 3D printer.

Last edited:
Here's what I did with mine:
usb-mod.jpg

Reactions: JKDSensei
Good Job Cheebs.

Do you have a photo of how you secured it on the inside?
Your's looks different from mine tho.

The connector in the photo looks like a female micro.... the connector on my P1 is a Male Mini USB connector

JKDSensei, I used a youtube video as my guide. I removed the original dji cable and used a micro male to micro female 6-inch cable.
Here's the youtube vid, the usb install is part of it:

I didn't use a Dremel as the guy in the video did, didn't want to get all sorts of plastic shavings in my shell, so used a knife heated with a blowtorch to make the cuts instead.
Sorry, no pics but essentially the same as the video.

Last edited:
Reactions: JKDSensei

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl