Upgrading firmware after app auto upgraded from Pilot to Go?

Reaction score
For a couple of days I had no chance to fly.
My P3P is still on 1.1.9 FW. Last night my Samsung Tab 8.4pro has been auto updated to GO.
Should I connect to my P3P running the old FW and check everything out first? Is FW 1.1.9 compatible witn GO for Android? If Yes and everything still works I might contemplate to wait for the next FW that hopefully has some advanced flight modes we all waiting for. I am hesitant in regard to the updates and don't want to risk to push a new FW onto a good flying bird unless it offers advantages I would use or fixes issues.
Some posts report that updating from Pilot to Go did not work well and they had to take Pilot and sll associated files off their android. I am wondering why DJI designed Go as a possible upgrade instead of a new app, asking ...or automatically.... de-install Pilot first while installing Go.

Any insides in regard to GO and FW 1.1.9 and other recommendations for my situation are appreciated.

For a couple of days I had no chance to fly.
My P3P is still on 1.1.9 FW. Last night my Samsung Tab 8.4pro has been auto updated to GO.
Should I connect to my P3P running the old FW and check everything out first? Is FW 1.1.9 compatible witn GO for Android? If Yes and everything still works I might contemplate to wait for the next FW that hopefully has some advanced flight modes we all waiting for. I am hesitant in regard to the updates and don't want to risk to push a new FW onto a good flying bird unless it offers advantages I would use or fixes issues.
Some posts report that updating from Pilot to Go did not work well and they had to take Pilot and sll associated files off their android. I am wondering why DJI designed Go as a possible upgrade instead of a new app, asking ...or automatically.... de-install Pilot first while installing Go.

Any insides in regard to GO and FW 1.1.9 and other recommendations for my situation are appreciated.
For me Go on iOS ran 1.2.6 fine, and 1.2 on android ran 1.3.2 fine. I ended up uninstalling the prior 1.2 DJI Pilot installs, deleting the DJI directories, and installed DJI Go 2.0... still everything was fine. Today android upgraded to 2.0.1 and pushed a controller update. Still works fine.

For me Go on iOS ran 1.2.6 fine, and 1.2 on android ran 1.3.2 fine. I ended up uninstalling the prior 1.2 DJI Pilot installs, deleting the DJI directories, and installed DJI Go 2.0... still everything was fine. Today android upgraded to 2.0.1 and pushed a controller update. Still works fine.
Lots of R&D going on here-- I love it!:D

I'm on the latest Android version of everything with my P3P. All works well! There's still a little display lag on long flights when the phone get warm, but much better than before.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl