Upgrade my tablet

It does. No data access, but I've got my S5 for that. If I need internet access on the M3, I connect to my wi-fi at home. I bought the M3 solely for flying, not "surfing".

No data access, but I've got my S5 for that.

I got lucky last week. A lady I was working for gave me a Verizon Jetpack that she was no longer using. I took it to a VZ store, dropped an unused phone off my account, upped my plan to unlimited premium, and added the mobile Wi-Fi hotspot... my bill increased by only 30 bucks/mo.... it's nice taking an internet connection with me everywhere I go without having to tie up my phone.

Only on Apple iPads is GPS tied to cellular - so they can charge a premium for it.

Practically all mid to high-end Android tablets have GPS by default

Cool, I wasn't aware of that when I ordered it. I read on a bunch of threads it's better to have the GPS chip even if you don't have cellular service.

While it would have been been nice to have GPS and data on the M3, the data option wasn't available for $250 US. Data would have added, probably, another $100. Because I bought this tablet primarily for flying, I couldn't justify dumping another $100 into it just to have data on location.

M3 users, is there a specific order the phantom, tablet and radio need to be turned on/plugged in in order to connect? At first I couldn't get the M3 to connect, but then after searching here I saw a post stating the Phantom and radio need to be on and the radio plugged into the tablet and then turn the tablet on. I tried this and it worked first time. Do I need to do it in this order every time? Any additional thoughts would be great also. Im new with the Phantom and willing to listen to any info from more experienced ppl. Thanks in advance, Mike

The Phantom should not be turned on before the RC, but otherwise...

The order I start up:
  • Mount tablet to RC and plug in USB cable.
  • Touch RC power button one time, this wakes the tablet to the lock screen.
  • Touch the fingerprint sensor with a " registered finger" to go to Home screen.
  • Turn on RC with the usual short-then-long press.
  • A window pops up asking if I want to use Litchi or GO.
  • Touch the one I want, then touch 'Just Once'.
  • Turn on Phantom.
  • Touch 'Ignore' on the NFZ update window, if using GO.
  • Touch 'Camera' button, if using GO
  • Review status window and Settings menus while the bird warms up

Last edited:
You only get the pop-up if you have more than one flight app installed

I saw a post stating the Phantom and radio need to be on and the radio plugged into the tablet and then turn the tablet on. I tried this and it worked first time. ... Do I need to do it in this order every time?
No you don't have to do that. There are multiple combinations that work.
I always power the tablet up first, then the radio control which asks which flying app I want to open.
Then I power on the Phantom and select an app to run.

If its the first flight of the day I always turn the bird on first, it takes a while to warm up, so in that time I have the RC and Tablet on.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT