Upgrade my tablet

Can you supply a link to the tablet that you're currently using

Absolutely. You can buy it from a number of different sellers, but I bought mine from Newegg for $250 US because they had the best price at the time. It does have some advantages over a Samsung, but then it also has some quirks that can be annoying but aren't necessarily deal breakers. As long as you don't need data, and plan to use it primarily for flying, it's a nice choice for the money. There's a lot to like. It's got a big bright 8" HD screen that's still a very manageable size. There's a slot in my hardshell case where this tablet fits in perfectly. Several pilots on this forum have it as well and like it. I believe @msinger has the M3, and I know there are others.

Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 inch 4GB RAM 32GB ROM Android 6.0 WIFi version W09 Octa Core Tablet PC Kirin 950 2K Screen 2560*1600 - Newegg.com

That M3 looks nice but I am curious just how bright the screen is. The specs don't include the nit rating. Do you know what it is? Seems like you need at minimum 500 nits for bright sunny days.

Found the answer to my question on the Huawei website. 400 NITS. A pretty high number for most tablets but still not quite high enough for me.

Found the answer to my question on the Huawei website. 400 NITS. A pretty high number for most tablets but still not quite high enough for me.
I have no issues in bright sunlight, but I run a hood as standard on bright days.

Samsung Tab S2 8 inch
I just got one of these to fly my P3 Standard. FPV image looks really bad compared to the cheap phone I was using. I have tried every setting I can find. It is a bit better in video mode than camera but still not great. Does yours look ok?

Changes to newer versions of the Go App has made the FPV worse with each new version , turn off video caching and try airplane mode , best video was on my old phone when I first bought my PS3 ( dec. 2016 , version 3.0.1)

Reactions: Quadcrasher
Changes to newer versions of the Go App has made the FPV worse with each new version , turn off video caching and try airplane mode , best video was on my old phone when I first bought my PS3 ( dec. 2016 , version 3.0.1)

Thanks for replying. I already have video caching off but I will try airplane mode. I'm disappointed because I bought the tablet thinking I would have a really good image as well as a bigger screen.

Well my M3 has thrown its toys out, will not connect app wise, either litchi or DJI Go,
Contacted Ben at Huawei, absolutely useless,
There was a EMU update that I cant roll back, also the factory reset doesnt clear it,
Old Tab, and Iphone are both ok, tested leads etc, done a full reset and nothing, tried the apps on there own( never had any conflicts before or still on the old tab and Iphone)
So can anyone help ?

Well, Do not allow access when it asks, say charge only . . . can anyone explain why this works lol

Both Litchi & DJI Go,
2nd edit, If you turn off USB Prompt, in Developer mode each time connected ( just say No the first time) it saves a lot of hassle.

There was a EMU update that I cant roll back, also the factory reset doesnt clear it,

In developer mode, i also turned off 'automatic system updates'

Reactions: Technical Bob
In developer mode, i also turned off 'automatic system updates'
Yeah that was already off, the tablet has been working fine for a few months now, still cant work out how denying access is good lol

Well my M3 has thrown its toys out, will not connect app wise, either litchi or DJI Go,
Contacted Ben at Huawei, absolutely useless,
Old Tab, and Iphone are both ok, tested leads etc, done a full reset and nothing, tried the apps on there own( never had any conflicts before or still on the old tab and Iphone)
So can anyone help ?
Have you tried to clear the defaults?
If you have another app (such as DJI Go) set as the default for the remote controller USB connection, you will need to clear the defaults for that app in your mobile device
(Settings - Apps - DJI Go (or other app name) - Clear Defaults). Some devices automatically set the app you start as default, so this step may have to be done every time you want to switch app (for example from DJI Go to Litchi and vice versa)

Have you tried to clear the defaults?
If you have another app (such as DJI Go) set as the default for the remote controller USB connection, you will need to clear the defaults for that app in your mobile device
(Settings - Apps - DJI Go (or other app name) - Clear Defaults). Some devices automatically set the app you start as default, so this step may have to be done every time you want to switch app (for example from DJI Go to Litchi and vice versa)
Post 170, all sorted.

Been having similar issues with my M3 .
Ive accessed developer options to restrict further updates (current version 5.0.3) and disabled usb prompting.
Im interested that you get best connection if you say "no" when asked about charge only prompt....I will try that next.
At the moment I dont feel confident I could go out in the field and guarantee a quick connection to litchi.

Been having similar issues with my M3 .
Ive accessed developer options to restrict further updates (current version 5.0.3) and disabled usb prompting.
Im interested that you get best connection if you say "no" when asked about charge only prompt....I will try that next.
At the moment I dont feel confident I could go out in the field and guarantee a quick connection to litchi.
Been fine since I went with these settings, it still fries my brain that charge only is the option that made it work.

Been fine since I went with these settings, it still fries my brain that charge only is the option that made it work.

Thanks Bob....tried it today and seemed to connect quickly...let's hope it stays that way!
I wouldn't have considered that option to correct things...as you say, it is just 'wrong'.

Reactions: Technical Bob

I got things looking a bit better but still not great.

Can you upload and view your videos on the tab s2? It doesn't seem to support the formats available in the djigo app. I can't work out how to go about this. I can view them in the app but I would like to save some.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164