Updating P3S Firmware

JLS

Reaction score
I haven't used my drone for a couple of months, so when I turned it on today I notice a couple of problems. I am getting no camera view from the DJI Go app on my Iphone6. The phone does connect to the drone. I also notice that the remote has no gimble control. Ok, the firmware needs to be updated. I download the firmware but when I try to update, it never gets past 0%. I don't know what to do now. Please help. I know very little about anything.

Thanks

I haven't used my drone for a couple of months, so when I turned it on today I notice a couple of problems. I am getting no camera view from the DJI Go app on my Iphone6. The phone does connect to the drone. I also notice that the remote has no gimble control. Ok, the firmware needs to be updated. I download the firmware but when I try to update, it never gets past 0%. I don't know what to do now. Please help. I know very little about anything.

Thanks
Hi, have you selected the phantom wifi option on your iPhone? You need that to connect the device to your drone. Turn on the rc, the drone and then select the wifi option on your phone, open up the app, go into camera view and it should be waiting for you. Be sure to be clear of any interference that can interfere with the signal. Once you have done that, refer to msinger's tips on this forum for updating your firmware.

Yes, the Phantom wifi is selected.....and aircraft is connected. Just won't update.

Yes, the Phantom wifi is selected.....and aircraft is connected. Just won't update.
So the wifi is selected but you still have no camera view or gimble control? Try uninstalling/reinstalling the App to the latest version to see if that fixes it. No point trying to update the firmware until you can operate the drone. Hasn't been dropped, both remote and drone battery fully charged?

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app with the same results. I can operate the drone....but no gimble control on the remote and no camera view...but other functions work from the Iphone. When I turn on the drone, the camera does swing around and comes horizontal as normal. The drone was never damaged and the remote and drone are charged.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app with the same results. I can operate the drone....but no gimble control on the remote and no camera view...but other functions work from the Iphone. When I turn on the drone, the camera does swing around and comes horizontal as normal. The drone was never damaged and the remote and drone are charged.
Hmm, unless the ribbon cable going to the gimble/ camera is loose. Maybe check that the cable is firmly pushed into place (gently) and try that. The gimble/camera provide your camera view so at least you are getting closer to the problem. Maybe someone with more technical expertise can jump in but problems that are similar to yours usually lead to the flat ribbon cable in the gimble area.

Someone suggested using another phone and try the update. So, I did that with my wife's Iphone and now I do have camera view but the DJI Go app says no RC signal,,,,and the RC doesn't do anything. One side of the drone is solid red and the other side flashes yellow.

Someone suggested using another phone and try the update. So, I did that with my wife's Iphone and now I do have camera view but the DJI Go app says no RC signal,,,,and the RC doesn't do anything. One side of the drone is solid red and the other side flashes yellow.

Reset the drone and try to link again to the controller

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks so much. As of now, everything is working normally. Now I only have one more problem. My wife isn't liking me taking her phone all the time. Is there any way to make my Iphone work again? Or, is there an inexpensive alternative to using my Iphone that I can get and dedicate to the flying of my drone?

Thanks so much. As of now, everything is working normally. Now I only have one more problem. My wife isn't liking me taking her phone all the time. Is there any way to make my Iphone work again? Or, is there an inexpensive alternative to using my Iphone that I can get and dedicate to the flying of my drone?
You still can't get your iPhone6 to work? It should, what is your wife's phone?

Rod

The wife and I both have identical Iphone 6 plus phones. Only difference is that she doesn't keep up with the IOS updates. Her phone works...but I haven't retried my phone. I will retry my phone again tonight. I just assumed it wouldn't work since it didn't work before....but now that the firmware update is installed, maybe it will. I am a little hesitant to try it again and cause more problems.

The wife and I both have identical Iphone 6 plus phones. Only difference is that she doesn't keep up with the IOS updates. Her phone works...but I haven't retried my phone. I will retry my phone again tonight. I just assumed it wouldn't work since it didn't work before....but now that the firmware update is installed, maybe it will. I am a little hesitant to try it again and cause more problems.
You shouldn't cause more problems, the Phone connects to the remote, not the Phantom.

Rod

what is the IOS version of your iphone?,and how many GB storage remaining on your phone?

Version 10.1.1 Capacity 11.77GB Available 2.85GB. I am not sure how this would cause the update not to install....or cause the drone not to function correctly?

Version 10.1.1 Capacity 11.77GB Available 2.85GB. I am not sure how this would cause the update not to install....or cause the drone not to function correctly?

try to compare the settings your phones wife if there is application running,and if not,reset all settings of the phone

Well, I just tried my iphone and it seems to be working. I hope this is the end of any issues.

You are all great for your interest and advice. Thank you so much!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl