Updating firmware on bird that's been sitting for a year

BMc

Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

My P3P has been sitting and collecting dust for almost a year and I am going to bring my bird, controller & battery firmware up to date. Here is my question, the last update I did was v1.2.6 that was released back on 2015.06.15, do I need to first update to v1.3.20, then to v1.4.0010, then to v1.5.0030, then to v1.7.0060 and then finally to the current v1.8.80? Or can I just go straight to v1.8.80 from the old v1.2.6? I thought I remember reading somewhere that they had to be updated one at a time and you cannot skip to the current one.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I was going to sit down this evening get it up to date.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: BMc
Good lord that was a fast response. Thank you! I had looked around a bit and hadn't noticed that thread however I haven't been active in months. Thanks again!

Well, welcome back :)

You don't have to install all the FW sequentially. Install v1.3.20 first and then you can directly jump to 1.8 or any other version you like.

You don't have to install all the FW sequentially. Install v1.3.20 first and then you can directly jump to 1.8 or any other version you like.
What version would you and all reading this suggest is best? I'm looking for reliability with manual control. No battery voltage errors, no crippling control issues or falling from the sky!

I think if he tries to sell his P3P with this old FW, he might get good prices :)

For me FW 1.6 and above are reliable. I have the latest and quite happy with it. If you are using third party apps like Litchi etc, I am not sure if they would support old versions.

I think if he tries to sell his P3P with this old FW, he might get good prices :)

For me FW 1.6 and above are reliable. I have the latest and quite happy with it. If you are using third party apps like Litchi etc, I am not sure if they would support old versions.

Just to confirm, are you suggesting I stick with an older FW? I just did the bird and Tx to 1.3.20 successfully and am about to jump straight to 1.8.80. Is this a proven FW?

-edit, I don't do much other than roam around in full gps mode and snap pics. I hardly use any of the P3P's capabilities. I just want it to remain stable.

If you have already upgraded to 1.32, go ahead and upgrade to 1.8.80.

I thought P3 with 1.2 will have good market value.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen