UPDATE WARNING P3A_FW_V01.11.0020.bin

The parts on the 4K and the Pro/Advanced are not interchangable. If you try to put the 4k camera or your or vice versa, you will burn the cameras up. It is all different, wiring, firmware, lightbridge vs WIFI etc.
Thank you guys, that's great news, or not so great - guess I'll have to go and buy a new one!

Hello All...

an update, after being on DJI Chat with a guy for over an hour... BUT this might not help the cause!!

The guy I spoke with at DJI Australia promoted me to try to Calibrate the IMU on my Phantom3 Pro... so far not so good, but in his opinion it should repair the issue.

I downgraded the firmware on my RC but couldn't downgrade on the Drone, and have since upgraded the firmware back to latest on the RC. I've been told to
put everything to sleep for an hour then try again doing the IMU Calibration - in the hope this will re-link.

One positive out of re-uploading the newer RC Firmware is I now don't get a "Weak Remote Signal" flashing red on my screen.... fingers crossed
I am able to get a 'connect' with the drone when I boot it up soon, and get this thing flying again.

DJI were very helpful, even if they just gave me some pointers to understand how this thing works!!

Dave.

Reactions: Neon Euc
If it's their firmware that bricked your device then DJI usually does it for free.... That's what I have learned after reading so many posts about bricked updates in the past.
Try telling that one to the 1,o00s of people who own a Phantom 2 Vision Plus, and have bricked drone !!!!

I still for the life of me do not understand why so many people have issues with firmware updates. I have all the newest on my P3A and have never had a issue. Flies now as good as when I first got it. Maybe I'm just lucky I guess.

Reactions: Kentrol72
I loved my P4pro + from the start...but after 6 weeks an upgrade came along and I loaded it...then the warnings about interference etc started to appear. I am not happy to delve into software problems...I just wanted to fly...Let's face it...I do not have to fiddle with my tv or car every month to make it work...and nor should I need to. So I sent it back via Jessops, my retailer, and after 6 weeks it returned from DJI with all the same faults. I demanded a full refund from Jessops under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and after much protest they had to pay up....it is the law.
Real sorry to lose it but I had no faith in its fragile programming.

I recently, reluctantly, updated my P3A to the P3A_FW_V01.11.0020.bin because we were told that DJI would ground us if we didn't. Well, I wish I hadn't updated because that was the last day it flew.

I have been in touch with DJI about it and they walked me through instructions twice now but all we have achieved is a dead Phantom that refuses to accept any updates whatsoever. DJI finished up by telling me to send it to them for repair.

So I will be left with a bill for 100s of pounds because I followed DJI instructions, and attempted to update not because I mistreated or crashed my P3A.

I was hoping to buy a Mavic but this has seriously affected my plans and I am now waiting for a more reliable competitor because I don't want this to happen to me again.

I think we all could save ourselves a lot of time, frustration and anguish by following some simple rules; if your DJI drone is performing properly and you are satisfied with its performance, never update the firmware or software and never be online when you fly. Further updates will only cause you major problems and restrictions as DJI scrambles to comply with every new rule the FAA and other regulators continue to think up. It will never end.

Reactions: Mordor
I've spoken to DJI again and if it was under warranty there would probably have been no charge but I bought it second hand so it's likely to cost me more than it's worth. I will probably have to scrap it if I can't fix it. I rated DJI highly before all this and was going to upgrade to a Mavic or P4P but this has really frightened me away from them.

^^ THIS ^^ type of thing is what gets people so upset with DJI.

I could care less if you bought it fifth-hand, if it was working fine and DJI forced an update - then DJI caused your issues and they need to handle it.

This is exactly the type of thing that could get around and hurt their company if a competitor pops up with the same quality of quadcopters, who learned from DJI's mistakes and has wonderful customer support.

I FOUND THE SOLUTION..... After hours of troubleshooting...

In my case, I fly with an iPad Mini and P3A no mods.

After updating to P3A_FW_V01.11.0020.bin I was not able to fly more than 30m high. I tried multiple "fix options on the web but with no luck"

What worked for me. I finally went into my iPad settings and it looked like Apple had a software update.

After updating my iPad to the latest version. I went back to the app store and redownloaded the DJIGo app this time the app actually asked me to sign back in and go through more steps to register the drone and accept the new terms.

I hope this helps if you are having an issue with the upgrade and using an Apple device as a screen.

Bird flys super solid no issues now.

Reactions: Neon Euc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94