Update today for GO 4...

Would anyone buy a new DJI product with all this crap to deal with constantly ?

Would anyone buy a new DJI product with all this crap to deal with constantly ?

Not me, I am all done with them. I am licensed and responsible I can not afford their rules. I go by the FAA's Rules and Regulations. I have had every Phantom since the beginning and an Inspire 1 and came very close to putting $ 10K into an Inspire 2. Thanks the Lord that I waited.

I did the NFZ firmware update to my P4P hooking the aircraft to my tablet. After the update I tried to fly with Litchi at the same area, a few blocks from my home that I flew the night before. The p4p would not fly within 5 miles from an old dirt strip that is used only for glider flights. The bird would not fly farther that direction, just 400 ft from home point, and red lights were flashing fast. Someone please explain that to me.

Update = Less.
You will just have to hope the jailbreak app that is rumored to be in the making turns up.

I did the NFZ firmware update to my P4P hooking the aircraft to my tablet. After the update I tried to fly with Litchi at the same area, a few blocks from my home that I flew the night before. The p4p would not fly within 5 miles from an old dirt strip that is used only for glider flights. The bird would not fly farther that direction, just 400 ft from home point, and red lights were flashing fast. Someone please explain that to me.

That is just one of the issues. I have the same thing going on. An "U" marked on the Sectional Charts that use to be a grass field 40 years ago and is now all houses but you cannot fly within 5 miles of it.

Here a light discription for p4,fast red flash(critical batterie warning)
15038605985181792797593.jpg

So, first flight with new app. Said I was limited to 30m and 50m. To restart and try again. Did that, no difference. Flew with Litchi instead and no problem.
Go app 4.1.7
Aircraft 1.02.0602
Remote 1.9.2
App database 01.00.01.04
Litchi app 1.18.0
Flight controller 03.01.10.93
I rolled the aircraft back weeks ago but not the remote. Should that be rolled back too? Best version?

Thanks in advance..
Geo

This weekend I also got the notion to do a Data Update , No Fly Zone package update.
In order to do so I had to connect my tablet (Nvidia shield K1) directly to the drone using the USB OTG cable.
First I tried Assistant 2. I had to update the data, but after 100% it said failed.
I also had to update the firmware. I had V02.00.0106 and V02.00.0106- was available (with minus sign).
So I did. I took 3 minutes.
After that I still got the message to update the data. So I connected the tablet to the drone directly and clicked OK. Then the data was updated. After that I got no update messages anymore.
My App/Aircraft database is now 01.00.01.05. It was 01.00.01.04.

A sticker explaining the flash warning might help, but who needs a stickers that explains the stick direction? Wait, I know! ;)
View attachment 87465
A sticker explaining the flash warning might help, but who needs a stickers that explains the stick direction? Wait, I know! ;)
View attachment 87465
Ha you should get one,,,why pic at a sticker set ,i know which way it flys ,not to keen on that stupid sticker,you calling us stupid,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rene van der meer
I resolved this nagging update issue by plugging in the RC to the AC via USB, then unplugging it. I did this about 4 or 5 times with a few second delay between, finally prompted me to update the no fly zones, after which the message disappeared.

I installed it, but am having issues already. I'm stuck at some d**n update the no fly zone message where it has you plug in from your device (Looks like a phone.) to the drone with the RC on first, but then you cannot continue as you have no screen to follow any more instructions with the USB from the tablet to the drone. Now I get some loop about update the no fly zone database, but I can't.

Arrgh!!!

Yeah, it pops up some firmware update for the Spark coming too, but I chose to Ignore that or clicking agree to knowing about it which is confusing too. No Spark purchase is planned here so I ignored it.
You can go into Assistant 2 and update that. Worked for me.

You can go into Assistant 2 and update that. Worked for me.

Thanks, but I already got it using Assistant 2 in posts #11 and #15 here. I think I got an original bad firmware flash as I had to do a refresh first and then the NFZ update worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72