Update today for GO 4...

Reaction score
DJI released an update today for GO 4... but looks like maybe only for Spark... although it does say "bug fixes".

Just FYI...

I assumed it was just spark orientated

Dji site shows only:

Spark: "Spark Release Notes" dated 0017-08-21 and no software available for download.

Phantom: Nothing showing remotely similar to new firmware. Latest entry was: Phantom 4 Series Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines v1.0 2016-08-03

Without seeing the announcement I'm assuming it pertained to the ios/anroid apps and not for the DP4+

Last edited:
I installed it, but am having issues already. I'm stuck at some d**n update the no fly zone message where it has you plug in from your device (Looks like a phone.) to the drone with the RC on first, but then you cannot continue as you have no screen to follow any more instructions with the USB from the tablet to the drone. Now I get some loop about update the no fly zone database, but I can't.

Arrgh!!!

Yeah, it pops up some firmware update for the Spark coming too, but I chose to Ignore that or clicking agree to knowing about it which is confusing too. No Spark purchase is planned here so I ignored it.

I got these 2 screens on my P4P+.

First:

Firmware%20Notice%201%2008-22-2017.jpg

I clicked ignore and got this one a few seconds later:

Firmware%20Notice%202%2008-22-2017.jpg

I went ahead and hit UPDATE but from what I can tell, nothing happened.

I'm not sure why they would send the notice to Phantom users. I've seen posts in forums that stated it's not just for Spark but at this point I'm going to assume it was.

HA! While creating this post, the screen in the 2nd photo above just popped up again. The system seems determined to perform an update (that may not even be for my Phantom hardware).

Wait until you get to the "No Fly Zone" database update part.

I ignored the Spark stuff (I got enough of this DJI junk!), but the P4 with this version wants the NFZ database update which is clear as mud on how they do it since you have no screen to see how to proceed.

Anyone get the NFZ to update yet and how did you do it?

I have a P4P and I received the update for the Go 4 app on my IPAD mini 4. Did the update and have no changes.

Without pulling everything out and firing up the RC and bird I see no changes as of yet. I will get back to everyone once I connect all devices together.This is for my P4P.

I think I solved the issue with mine. Since I couldn't do the update through the iPad Air 2, I plugged the P4 into Windows with Assistant 2 (No micro-SD card installed.). It also told me to do the NFZ Update there so I did. It downloaded the file, and then when it tried to install the NFZ update it failed.

It asked to send the failed update report to DJI so I did.

I went to the firmware screen in Assistant 2 and did a Refresh. That downloaded and went okay.

Went back to the RC with GO 4.1.7 and it asked for the NFZ update again. Did OK, and it took me to a new Updating Screen there (after I hit the OK to update first screen) that was red and white and it installed the update without me connecting to the P4 via a Lightning to mini-USB cable. So the way they showed me in the first method to install the NFZ didn't work, but going to the Assistant 2 must have corrected something after the Refresh.

Don't know where I stand now, but it is asking for an IMU calibration too since the Refresh part too.

I connected my AC with my IPAD Mini 4 and with my RC. With all items turned on I got a notice that said my NFZ needs updated. It said to leave RC on and connect AC to my device(Ipad Mini 4) and complete update. After I connected AC to my device it asked me to update so I proceeded to update. I then received a notice that said update complete and go have fun flying!:) PS: I had no calibration requirements after this update.(DB)

Reactions: dewein
After updating Go on my iPad I tried a flight and it gave me an error message saying my flight distance is restricted now. I can't figure out how to get rid of this restriction. I have not updated the P4 to the latest firmware. Did anyone else experience this after the update?

I have my P4P AC and RC updated to the latest DJI FW and have no flight restrictions. Today's DJI Go app update addressing NFZ has no affect on altitude or distance restrictions on my P4P.

After updating Go on my iPad I tried a flight and it gave me an error message saying my flight distance is restricted now. I can't figure out how to get rid of this restriction. I have not updated the P4 to the latest firmware. Did anyone else experience this after the update?

Yeah, I got that. I had to do the update using Assistant 2 and also a refresh as it locked me down to 100' using the iPad. When I used the Assistant 2 it did the update after I did the Refresh. I may have had a bad firmware as it redid it. Once it refreshed, I plugged in the ipad and it did the update as it should have after I hit the OK for the update and it took me to the NFZ update screen. I didn't have to plug in the drone and iPad after I did it first in Assistant 2 where I had to cable it up.

It could be you need to log out of DJI and back in too. And check the GO setting to see if you aren't in Beginner or some reduced mode. Try that first before the above which is more drastic.

I logged out of Go and then back in and that didn't help. Reinstalled Go, no luck. I tried to download Assistant 2, but it doesn't want to download. It just sits there at 0%. I wonder if their server is down? Anyway, I still have distance restrictions and I am not in beginner mode.

Do I have to update the firmware because I don't want to after hearing the horror stories.

Updated and took mine (P4) for a thrash and the only difference I noticed was the lack of the 'your RTH will fly through a NFZ' pop up I got last week. I flew into the same area as last week where there is an out of service dirt air strip, and I didn't need to crap myself. Staying with Litchi for now.

When I saw this I looked in the APP store at updates and it showed an update was available for GO4. I chose not to update it and turned off all automatic updates. I intend to keep the firmwares where they currently are... for now. This morning my iPad updated GO4...dang it!

I guess it was already downloaded.

Geo

When I saw this I looked in the APP store at updates and it showed an update was available for GO4. I chose not to update it and turned off all automatic updates. I intend to keep the firmwares where they currently are... for now. This morning my iPad updated GO4...dang it!

I guess it was already downloaded.

Geo
That's why I don't let my tablet connect to the net.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures