UPDATE: range worse after magic power? : UPDATE

Didn't know that buddy.

19dbm vs. 14dbm.

Capture.PNG

Magic power has nothing to do with the 5.8ghz.
Power Magic change area too...
If you are in CE area you can setup FCC area. So it changes 5.8ghz tooo to FCC.
It does a difference , i live in france and notice better results on 5.8ghz after applying power magic.

You ll have no change on 5.8ghz only if you live in USA...

So I live in the USA and have a P3S. Out of the box I could get 4000' range with good conditions. I decided to go with the DBS Itelite and can now get 13000' with clear line of sight in the boonies but start losing video than I lose control. Will Magic Power help me with video in USA or is just for non FCC models. I highly recommend DBS for anyone trying to get a little more range out of their P3S though.

So I live in the USA and have a P3S. Out of the box I could get 4000' range with good conditions. I decided to go with the DBS Itelite and can now get 13000' with clear line of sight in the boonies but start losing video than I lose control. Will Magic Power help me with video in USA or is just for non FCC models. I highly recommend DBS for anyone trying to get a little more range out of their P3S though.

The power will stay the same at 27dbm.... but they say that MagicPower has something in the script to where it handles disconnects differently and reconnects more quickly.

The power will stay the same at 27dbm.... but they say that MagicPower has something in the script to where it handles disconnects differently and reconnects more quickly.
Right on. I'll give it a try then. I'll report back with my results.

Reactions: Matts175
Hey. I asked in the Magic Power thread about the 5.8ghz thing. Turns out that I was wrong. Sorry about any confusion.

Today ... with GO 3.1.4 and then Litchi .... I couldn't get more than 700m with either.....

Nigel

Well had a chance to test today again with magic power once again installed and I managed to go the furthest I've ever gone in that location which was 6433 feet or 1.2 miles.

So magic power wasn't affecting my range. As I was old numerous times it was weather and unknown conditions.

But I am glad I have tested it myself and am 99% happy and sure that my tests were accurate and conclusive.

Reactions: Matts175
Today ... with GO 3.1.4 and then Litchi .... I couldn't get more than 700m with either.....

Nigel
3.1.4 has good results with bone stock P3S , Nigel , 480m+ no signal loss at all , turned back , don't know how far it will go , 3.1.3 just over 300m then all red - weak signal , big difference now !

Reactions: Dazzauk
So tested mine yesterday, although I never completely pushed it I also had no problems and good range. :) so maybe no magic power and more fluke.
All the best

I cant connect my pc to my rc via wifi. Shows my p3 standard, when i connect and enter my password it says cannot connect. Dit turn off my antivirus and firewall. Please help

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor