UPDATE: range worse after magic power? : UPDATE

I personally feel that for what ever reason and unknown MP is defedently reducing range. And the bird 100% does not RTH with loss of video feed. Maybe it's something to do with battery power in the control being changed, or maybe just the dji ap I have no idea, but I've put MP on twice now and reverted back as even though I'm in the UK my bird is much better without MP.... weird

4700 ft was my maximum over the past 2 nights, before that was 6144ft thats a big difference, i guess only thing to do is to take off the mod, go back to a place where i know i hit this distance and try again, and then go to the same place as tonight and yesterday night and see if i can out run the 4700ft..

deffo strange

4700 ft was my maximum over the past 2 nights, before that was 6144ft thats a big difference, i guess only thing to do is to take off the mod, go back to a place where i know i hit this distance and try again, and then go to the same place as tonight and yesterday night and see if i can out run the 4700ft..

deffo strange

Yes. That's the only way. Let us know.

And I could be wrong on the video loss causing RTH. There is a thread on here somewhere about it and what they were saying made sense to me, but it wasn't 100% confirmed.

i wasnt loosing video anyways, i was loosing the signal which has the picture of the remote, :)

i wasnt loosing video anyways, i was loosing the signal which has the picture of the remote, :)

Ahhh OK. There must be some other unknown then.

When I had my standard..... sometimes I'd lose it at 2200 feet... sometimes it would go a mile. This is with me standing right out in front of my house, lots of wifi around. It just depended on what kind of mood it was in that day.

Ahhh OK. There must be some other unknown then.

When I had my standard..... sometimes I'd lose it at 2200 feet... sometimes it would go a mile. This is with me standing right out in front of my house, lots of wifi around. It just depended on what kind of mood it was in that day.

I'm wondering if it could be just 2 x bad days?

Maybe I should leave the mod on a little longer ?

Not sure best thing to do to try?

I'm wondering if it could be just 2 x bad days?

Maybe I should leave the mod on a little longer ?

Not sure best thing to do to try?

Do you own a laptop computer? Only true way to know would be to do a back to back, right out in the field.

So here is my latest the longer flight never lost signal I just brought it back, the shorter one completely lost signal and that was right after Mp
40153ed302e8d45d9f3c16439d161508.jpg
c7f60659e310cf7eb3523ee0e4c4fe18.jpg

has this type of thing ever been talked about before? Or are we the 1st?

I've only been around here since last Christmas... but I've never heard anyone saying that MP made their range shorter.

Update,

And more confused than before lol.

Went to the same place as the other night and flew in the same directions.

Removed magic power. Did 2 battery's tonight.

1st direction was worse than with magic power to he other night any way by 400ft

The second direction was better than the other night with magic power by 1000feet.

So now I'm not sure what on earth to do lol?

Take it up really hight, as hight as the thing will go and switch it off.
Once location of the devastation is found drive along the motor way at 90mph tie the drone to some rope and thro it out the window, 500yards or so ought to fix it.

But in all seriousness I feel your pain

Take it up really hight, as hight as the thing will go and switch it off.
Once location of the devastation is found drive along the motor way at 90mph tie the drone to some rope and thro it out the window, 500yards or so ought to fix it.

But in all seriousness I feel your pain

have you tried any range test again bud? Without magic power?

The bird will also RTH if it loses video though.

No way Hose ... RTH only kicks in automatically on loss of COMMAND signal on 5.8Ghz.

Nigel

Variable range ....

My range testing is usually done following the river at back of my house. I can vary range without any changes to gear by 500m easily.
My best was over 2500m, but video was corrupted so I didn't claim it. But my best confirmed was 2493m. I can fly exact same and get RTH kick in at 1800m some days ... others I get well over 2000m.

Same take off spot but head NE instead of SE along river and I can get RTH kick in at 800m or less even though its farm land.

I think to be honest this range thing is over thought ... we are using basically WiFi and a command signal (2.4 and 5.8) both are notorious for range and interference. The higher the frequency - the more sensitive it becomes to antenna orientation, type of antenna, any obstacles, even weather patterns.

Nigel

Nothing yet the weather here has been far to windy. I won't send a bird out far in this it will never make it home, but I can guarantee to get a new world record for range ;)

Once I get my boosters actually connected ... having trouble because the SMA connectors don't match !

I have twin boosters now ready for 2.4 and a single booster for 5.8 ...... calculation indicates about 5 to 6km potential. In fact it indicates I could exceed flight battery run time if not careful.

Nigel

Reactions: Dazzauk
Once I get my boosters actually connected ... having trouble because the SMA connectors don't match !

I have twin boosters now ready for 2.4 and a single booster for 5.8 ...... calculation indicates about 5 to 6km potential. In fact it indicates I could exceed flight battery run time if not careful.

Nigel

Wow, I may look at fitting some boosters.

What frustrates me is some people in the states are claiming 17000 ft and I'm getting 3-4000 as an average.

Maybe it is just location.

Reactions: Philltayl
Wow, I may look at fitting some boosters.

What frustrates me is some people in the states are claiming 17000 ft and I'm getting 3-4000 as an average.

Maybe it is just location.

Well. Don't forget.... in the states our 5.8ghz is also stronger.

Also, those 17,000 foot claims are achieved in the middle of nowhere and the person is probably standing on a hill. My new Pro can only get 3500 in my neighborhood, surrounded by WiFi. When I did my 3 mile run. I was over a lake with NOBODY around except for one lonely ship, all the way in the middle.

Reactions: Dazzauk and 00kingi

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31