Update Helps Locate You

If pilots where to fly responsibly then there would not have been all the problems we are seeing no w.Things like filming where told its illegal see post above, why ?? just being clever .

I agree. There are two threads near the top. One is trying to fly over a stadium, and the other is trying to go 1300m high.

I agree. There are two threads near the top. One is trying to fly over a stadium, and the other is trying to go 1300m high.

I don't see a need for long distance unless you want to brag to be honest. As for height there is a reason for having limitations, in Australia civilian aircraft from fly anywhere from 500 ft above sea level, my place is already 50m above sea level. This restricts me to about 100m for my bird or 328 ft and i have no need to go higher to be honest. I don't want to be the cause of someone losing there lives or someone house being wrecked because my bird hit a plane and caused catastrophic damage.

Your always going to have the bad with the good unfortunately, it comes down to peoples attitudes and also where people live, obviously i can only speak for Australia not for other countries that have a less strict law in place.

I think all this will be good for real pros who follow the rules. There are a bunch of JA who are out there making a bad name for everyone else.

Reactions: Goldni
civilian aircraft from fly anywhere from 500 ft above sea level, my place is already 50m above sea level. This restricts me to about 100m for my bird or 328 ft.
You'll find civil planes flying 500+ feet AGL - not ASL.
If there is a 400 ft hill, planes will clear it by 500 ft, not 100 ft.

Military aircraft can show up anywhere.
Ten minutes ago at one of my favourite flying spots I saw 2 huge C17s roaring past, and banking steeply around a lighthouse that's 50 m ASL and their cockpits were just below the top.

Reactions: N017RW
I could be wrong but that website reads like they are selling a load of snake oil.
I don't know much about RF, but how could they get the coordinates of the drone and the pilot by using just RF? Assuming some triangulation algorithm, wouldn't the pilot have to be standing inside an array of antennas, which can presumably only be installed on the "victim's" property?:

Radio Frequency (RF) detection
The most effective way to detect drones is with radio frequency (RF) methodology, and Drone Detector is the only system utilizing that technology. It has a long range, about 1400 feet, and is difficult to circumvent. Only a truly skilled person could create a drone that would get past radio frequency detection.
Unlike other methods, RF detection can do more than just identify that a drone is nearby. Within this vector we can glean the following:

• GPS coordinates of the drone
  • Altitude of the drone
  • GPS coordinates of the pilot
  • Unique identifier of the drone.
We can gather enough additional data to not only find the drone but to find its operator, and with the unique identifier we can definitively prove that a particular incursion was done using a specific drone. In other words, we can provide enough evidence for criminal prosecution.

Reactions: N017RW
We can gather enough additional data to not only find the drone but to find its operator, and with the unique identifier we can definitively prove that a particular incursion was done using a specific drone. In other words, we can provide enough evidence for criminal prosecution.
Or more likely (if their technology worked), they could provide enough evidence ... to prove that a particular drone had flown in the vicinity. But as to getting evidence of a criminal offence ... what offence??

Or more likely (if their technology worked), they could provide enough evidence ... to prove that a particular drone had flown in the vicinity. But as to getting evidence of a criminal offence ... what offence??
was thinking the same thing.

I don't know much about RF, but how could they get the coordinates of the drone and the pilot by using just RF? Assuming some triangulation algorithm, wouldn't the pilot have to be standing inside an array of antennas, which can presumably only be installed on the "victim's" property?:

Radio Frequency (RF) detection
The most effective way to detect drones is with radio frequency (RF) methodology, and Drone Detector is the only system utilizing that technology. It has a long range, about 1400 feet, and is difficult to circumvent. Only a truly skilled person could create a drone that would get past radio frequency detection.
Unlike other methods, RF detection can do more than just identify that a drone is nearby. Within this vector we can glean the following:

• GPS coordinates of the drone
  • Altitude of the drone
  • GPS coordinates of the pilot
  • Unique identifier of the drone.

LOL they are FOS. They can't get any of that and no way if the radio comm is encrypted. Its just another government contractor who performs their own inhouse tests of how good they are, just hoping for million dollar contract on snake oil.

The FCC won't let these people jam communications so there is little to nothing yet they can do. I'm not worried at all about any of these fly by night 3rd party 'drone solutions' types. Its not that I do anything illegal with my P3P but BS is BS.

About the only people who have the money and know how to take over our drones covertly are the FBI/DHS/NSA. They could force DJI to make them a back door into the drones upcoming encryption software. Then build universal transmitter that will over power and take control of any drone flying in a GPS grid they select. If the NSA is has been splicing undersea fiber for 2 or 3 decades then them having complete control over flying drones is likely next and we'll never know they can even do it.

I am of the opinion that even if the data is available... It's not like they will be looking at all of it... Think about the millions of flights that they will be getting data on. Sure... If someone does something stupid like flys near an airplane they can go look at that data... But the rest of us will just be noise in the system. It's like the people who are worried about the government looking at your Facebook page... Good lord, do you know how many people it would take to look at everyone's Facebook page? Yes keywords can be used as triggers... But the vast vast majority of people don't have anything to worry about. I get it that privacy is important, but really... Think about the sheer logistics of looking at everyone's flight data... It's just not practical.

I guess I made the mistake of not adding the word P3, or Phantom 3, or P3A, or P3P, which is why a moderator moved the thread from where it was. I only post in the P3 forum. Even though I don't say it in detail on each of my threads or post, but any thing I reference is all directed to the P3 unless I post the name of a different aircraft. No harm, I will just be more specific by adding P3 so the discussion doesn't become wasted from now on.

So did anyone see where Boeing was in the process of teaming of with a Hacker operation to use P3's to fly over neighborhoods and hack PC's and mobile phones by injecting spyware? Apparently the hacker's would not agree to signing a NDA from Boeing on the deal and the hacker's then got pissed and let a bunch of email communication between them and Boeing get leaked to WikiLeak.

I wonder if this upcoming P3 R/C update will help keep the P3 from being used for stuff like this?

So did anyone see where Boeing was in the process of teaming of with a Hacker operation to use P3's to fly over neighborhoods and hack PC's and mobile phones by injecting spyware?

Uhhh.... what??? How can a P3 hack into a desktop PC? A cell phone... maybe....

So did anyone see where Boeing was in the process of teaming of with a Hacker operation to use P3's to fly over neighborhoods and hack PC's and mobile phones by injecting spyware? Apparently the hacker's would not agree to signing a NDA from Boeing on the deal and the hacker's then got pissed and let a bunch of email communication between them and Boeing get leaked to WikiLeak.

When someone mentions Phantom in connection with Boeing, they're most likely not referring to a DJI Phantom, but this: Boeing: Phantom Eye

Reactions: Meta4
When someone mentions Phantom in connection with Boeing, they're most likely not referring to a DJI Phantom, but this: Boeing: Phantom Eye

I did read a piece that mentioned some of what was being discussed was with using P3P's.

LOL they are FOS. They can't get any of that and no way if the radio comm is encrypted. Its just another government contractor who performs their own inhouse tests of how good they are, just hoping for million dollar contract on snake oil.

The FCC won't let these people jam communications so there is little to nothing yet they can do. I'm not worried at all about any of these fly by night 3rd party 'drone solutions' types. Its not that I do anything illegal with my P3P but BS is BS.

About the only people who have the money and know how to take over our drones covertly are the FBI/DHS/NSA. They could force DJI to make them a back door into the drones upcoming encryption software. Then build universal transmitter that will over power and take control of any drone flying in a GPS grid they select. If the NSA is has been splicing undersea fiber for 2 or 3 decades then them having complete control over flying drones is likely next and we'll never know they can even do it.
UK firms develop drone-freezing ray - UK firms develop drone-freezing ray - BBC News

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl