Unreadable SD card on PC

Reaction score
Hi all,

First of all, I am new to this drone and this forum! I took my very first P3 4K flight today and had a new SanDisk 64GB UHS-1 card (formatted in the Phantom using the Go app). Everything went well, I took some photos and some video during the flight. I stopped recording before I turned off the drone and later when I put the card in my PC it said that it needed to be formatted and there was no content. The Go app history map shows many locations where photo and videos were 'taken'. It is very likely I did something wrong and was hoping someone could give me the benefit of their experience.

Thanks very much,

Brian.

Could be your card reader. Occasionally USB will mess up too. I've gotten nervous once in a while plugging in a USB drive or card w/reader and getting issues as you describe.
You can try connecting the gimbal to you PC with the card in the gimbal, this using the gimbal as a card reader.

Thanks DanMan32! That was exactly the right call. I got a new card adapter that supported USB 2/3 and the SD card and all contents were visible. I guess my old adapter wouldn't work at the new speed.

Cheers!

Glad I could help. As I mentioned, I've come across supposedly failed storage of USB but sometimes unplugging and replugging or using a different port helps. I tend to have issues with my USB 3 hub.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl