unable to update firmware due to battery error

Reaction score
I just bought a used Phantom 4. Shipped from China. Arrived in perfect condition. As I am trying to update the firmware via DJI GO 4 app, as well as the DJI Assistant 2 on my laptop, every time I get this error:
“Battery update error. Please disconnect and re-insert the battery. Aircraft will try repairing automatically.” or
“Update failed. Upload Error Log.
  • Error Code: 0x020b04

I decided to buy 2 new batteries, kept swapping them, and got this same error. I used different devices to perform the firmware update.
I contacted DJI help desk. They seem not to be familiar with this error and I would need to send the drone out to them.
Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2002.jpeg
    IMG_2002.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2001.jpeg
    IMG_2001.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1999.jpeg
    IMG_1999.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 20
If the drone works using the firmware it came with, don't update unless required to operate. Updates sometimes cause more grief than they're worth.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I have Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
Again, I wanted to update to the most recent firmware V01.00.7017
Error code refers to the battery (Error Code: 0x020b04). Ended up buying two more batteries hoping it would solve the issue. It did not.

I have seen others that think they have a V2 when they were mistaken. What color is the DJI sticker on the top of the aircraft? Vent holes on the bottom edge of the controller?

Model: WM331S

Attachments

• IMG_2133.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2134.jpeg
    IMG_2134.jpeg
    718.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2135.jpeg
    IMG_2135.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2136.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 11
Could it be the firmware in the two batteries is newer than the firmware in the drone and/or controller, and that's causing the issue? Just brainstorming for you.. Lookup and post both batteries firmware version in Go 4. While your at it, post the DJI GO 4 software version and the current firmware versions of both the drone and controller. It's been a while but all should be accessible in Go 4 as I recall. With the gold sticker, it does look like you have a V2.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klik4d