Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

eseckinger said:
kenargo said:
DBS said:
Just downloaded this morning... Got into settings and set everything up to my liking... Then hit the "fly!" Icon just to see what the screens look like...

What's up with this? I have an active internet connection... I'm on it right now... I can go into GS and plan waypoint flights and my maps load etc...

But this happens when I hit the "fly!" Icon.... or the calibrate as well...???

I wanted to check-in because I've help a few people fix this same issue in the Google Group.

If you are not one of them; are you by chance using 5 GHZ band for your Wi-Fi? It's been reported that DJI SDJ 1st time initialization code cannot connect to the DJI servers when Wi-Fi is using 5 GHZ band.

Crazy stuff u got going on man messing up good working copies instead of doing beta releases like a normal developer does. Now Im glad I never tried to fly with your APP. Wish I could get a refund but I think its to late now.

rbhamilton said:
Guys... cut the guy some slack. Normally an app would have a dozen in house beta testers and a crew of developers each making $80K a year. This is a one man shop doing development, marketing, testing, support... Kinda don't think he's making hundreds of thousands off this app either.

It's cool, works well for most people in most situations. If you find something not 100% up to speed, report it, take a chill pill and use the stock App for a few days - try later. Worst possible case you buy it, hate it and you are out ten bucks. Hopefully that won't break your bank. It's the cost of one plastic prop.

Totally agree with rb above... give this some credit and be part of helping out in a great project that looks like it's gonna be wonderful when it's worked out.

To answer kenargo... no I'm not on 5.8gHz wifi...

I've really gone to battle with this today trying to come up with a solution...
down loaded on my Note 3... all works properly
went back and Uninstalled everything from the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and started over with a fresh reboot... unfroze any apps I had disabled just in case ... cleared dalivik cache and storage cache ... reboot again all clean ... reinstall ... same problem.

Long story short... after messing around too much and trying to get the tablet to play nice with the app... I've pretty much destroyed this rom on the tablet and now keep getting force closes and popups on Google play services and gapps... and I'm tired ... and done with it for now... should have did a backup before messing this much but I didn't think I was going this deep.

Time for a new rom anyway or I just might Odin back to stock firmware tomorrow and start clean to make sure it's not some sort of device problem.

Great work by the way... I'll be flying with it on Sunday with my Note 3 ... already have some flight plans set in the memory to load when I get out there... (really cool feature BTW).

DBS said:
Just downloaded this morning... Got into settings and set everything up to my liking... Then hit the "fly!" Icon just to see what the screens look like...

What's up with this? I have an active internet connection... I'm on it right now... I can go into GS and plan waypoint flights and my maps load etc...

Hey DBS,
I've had that same error message after updating the app in the past. You just need to connect to your quad like you would in the park and THEN press fly. The error will majically disappear (at least it did for me)

Cheers,
TuT

TuT said:
DBS said:

Hey DBS,
I've had that same error message after updating the app in the past. You just need to connect to your quad like you would in the park and THEN press fly. The error will majically disappear (at least it did for me)

Cheers,
TuT

Tried that a few different times... didn't work.
didn't have to do that with my Note 3 at all... installed it and it was up and running immediately.

My tablet has a heavily customized ROM , stripped down to the bare minimums for smooth system performance (ironically to run these flight apps efficiently) and something just wasn't playing nice.

Just weird that the DJI app and some others worked fine...

Whatever ... I'll get it working when I have time this weekend.

DBS said:
TuT said:
DBS said:

Hey DBS,

Cheers,
TuT

Tried that a few different times... didn't work.
didn't have to do that with my Note 3 at all... installed it and it was up and running immediately.

My tablet has a heavily customized ROM , stripped down to the bare minimums for smooth system performance (ironically to run these flight apps efficiently) and something just wasn't playing nice.

Just weird that the DJI app and some others worked fine...

Whatever ... I'll get it working when I have time this weekend.

Vision app doesn't use the SDK (so I've been told); I suspect that might be by it works on the device.

kenargo said:
Vision app doesn't use the SDK (so I've been told); I suspect that might be by it works on the device.

That would explain some **** right there huh? :evil:

Well this just bumps me into trying a new rom anyway... I've been on the same boring build I put together myself since last year so it's about time to reflash clean and start new. :ugeek:

DBS said:
kenargo said:

That would explain some **** right there huh? :evil:

Well this just bumps me into trying a new rom anyway... I've been on the same boring build I put together myself since last year so it's about time to reflash clean and start new. :ugeek:

I hear you and please let know how you get along with your tests

DBS said:
.... I've pretty much destroyed this rom on the tablet

Sounds like you know your way around the innards of the phone very well! Just curious how a ROM can be messed up by anything you do since it is read only? Don't you have to program it in a programmer out of the phone to make any changes to it? Or do you mean you have an EEPROM?

yorlik said:
Or do you mean you have an EEPROM?

Hehe... another oldie out there I see. I used to erase my EPROM with a UV light then flash a new one for my PC-XT back in the day. We should just pop in our monocle, tighten our cummerbund and let these kids flash their "ROM's". :)

yorlik said:
DBS said:
.... I've pretty much destroyed this rom on the tablet

Sounds like you know your way around the innards of the phone very well! Just curious how a ROM can be messed up by anything you do since it is read only? Don't you have to program it in a programmer out of the phone to make any changes to it? Or do you mean you have an EEPROM?

If you root the device and mount as RW you can pretty much do whatever you want in there... I must've removed something that I didn't know was critical until the SDK check... then further screwed myself over trying to fix it... oops

I'm trying to fly this Damm thing, load way point file, everything properly connected and NO go button!
I open file see all way points and only see the cancel button with no go button anywhere

GSSP said:
I'm trying to fly this Damm thing, load way point file, everything properly connected and NO go button!
I open file see all way points and only see the cancel button with no go button anywhere

Did you see a warning when you opened the flight screen? If so then GS didn't connect and GO will not be available. Also, be sure you are using the flight screen (not the mission planning screen). Mission screen is only for creating missions while offline. Mission flight is only available from the fly screen.

Let me know what you find.

How do you load a mission in the fly section? Can't find it, I was trying to find it in planner and looked for a long time in fly, no luck, I had full telemetry and full camera operations, I can not find any of your YouTube that demonstrate how to LOAD and fly a GS mission
Post a pic or something

Well **** me, looks like you need to go full screen with map in Fly mode to load the map, **** it, I waste so much time, to late to fly today for me,

GSSP said:
How do you load a mission in the fly section? Can't find it, I was trying to find it in planner and looked for a long time in fly, no luck, I had full telemetry and full camera operations, I can not find any of your YouTube that demonstrate how to LOAD and fly a GS mission
Post a pic or something

Well **** me, looks like you need to go full screen with map in Fly mode to load the map, **** it, I waste so much time, to late to fly today for me,

I'm sorry. If you haven't seen the video documentation it might be helpful. Also, you may want to join the Google group as there are people on there that can also help answer questions when I happen to be offline.

Also, if you have ideas on how to make things better (like how to make the GS more discoverable) please feel free to pass them on and I'll include the ideas over time as they fit.

Ken .... I was going to use a Dell Venue 8 just for my UF and The Play Store tells me my device is not compatable? Android Version 4.4.4.4 thanks ...... mike

offthefront said:
Ken .... I was going to use a Dell Venue 8 just for my UF and The Play Store tells me my device is not compatable? Android Version 4.4.4.4 thanks ...... mike

I wish Google Play reported why devices are not compatible because I'm not blocking any devices. I was told that you can clock on the support link at the bottom of the Play Store and ask and they will tell you and if they do please let me know and I'll see if there is something that can be changed in the app.

I had asked in the google groups about an Asus Trio TX201 not been compatible.

I could not find any informtion on the Play store about finding out why the program wasn't compatible.

Hi kenargo, why you don't insert the possibility to boost fpv in your app? It's the thing I miss more...

I am experiencing some problems!
Tested on 3 flights on 2 of them it supposed that was recording, I found new file on sd card with the expected size but no video data!!!!
On 1 from 2 flights this happened. I pressed record button and it shows the timer on the screen but record button and photo button was still enabled!

Other problems is that on uploading waypoint a couple of time crashed!
Phone is Samsung Galaxy S5!

StevenQX said:
Hi kenargo, why you don't insert the possibility to boost fpv in your app? It's the thing I miss more...

A few reasons...

There is a free separate app that works well: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lusutility

The boosting is loved by many, feared by many as a cause of burnt out Wi-Fi units

I'm not sure I'd that including it would be aligned with the spirit of the DJI SDK agreement.

It's easily added but with a free app out there I'd rather focus on larger features in the app.

I hope you understand.
Ken

maning said:
I am experiencing some problems!
Tested on 3 flights on 2 of them it supposed that was recording, I found new file on sd card with the expected size but no video data!!!!
On 1 from 2 flights this happened. I pressed record button and it shows the timer on the screen but record button and photo button was still enabled!

Other problems is that on uploading waypoint a couple of time crashed!
Phone is Samsung Galaxy S5!

You are hitting the 2 main issues I'm working with DJI to fix...

1) The DJI SDK reports camera OFF, when it's really ON during GS flight. The app uses the SDK reported state to control buttons so, since the SDK says the camera is OFF during GS, pressing the button will always try to turn it ON, no matter what. For GS missions I suggest allowing the auto-camera mode to work; it doesn't use status and turns the camera ON when motors start and OFF at the end when motors are turned OFF.

2) For some reason the Galaxy models seam to have more issues with the SDK. Before the last release they would shut down when starting apps (even the Vision app for a while) and while DJI fixed many of the issues the random lock-ups and app shut-downs resist (albeit less often). Some Samsung models are more prone to the issue, other less (I use a Samsung Tab S and it's 90% OK). While I continue to work with DJI on fixes I have found that waiting to connect the device to Wi-Fi until after the Phantom completes initialization often helps (either that or it just feels like it helps, I'm not sure).

I am hopeful that either I am able to find a good way to stop the issues by moving code around within the app and changing the SDK timing or that DJI issues an update that fixes them but for now all I can do it the former and hope the later comes soon.

Thanks,
Ken

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka