Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

rbhamilton said:
^^^ My location reports properly on the "Plan" map with the new version. Nexus 6.

Now the Video recording issue: Just confirmed. The recording does indeed start when you press the Recording button and the voice says "Video Recording has started". But is there some trick to STOP the recording? Pressing the record button again just starts another recording from what I can tell. Neither is there any visual feed-back that the recording has started - like say a blinking red light on the camera icon. Or is mine just not working right? Perhaps this is a limit of the Android SDK?

It is a bug in the SDK; during GS the SDK is reporting the camera off, when it is actually on and it messes up the buttons.

Just downloaded your app on my new galaxy tab s 8.4, 4.4.2 os, in planning window my location is not shown, it shows accurately in the fly part of the app?

GSSP said:
Just downloaded your app on my new galaxy tab s 8.4, 4.4.2 os, in planning window my location is not shown, it shows accurately in the fly part of the app?

Yes, see above; it will be fixed tonight. I made a minor change to ready the app for Moverio and tested the flight screen but not the planning screen.

Sorry about that.

Why make changes to the released version for this moverio thing and not a beta?
When you fix will it be a new version?
Will my app automatically update?
I wish you would host previous versions your web site.

I wanted to fly it tonight.

GSSP said:
Why make changes to the released version for this moverio thing and not a beta?
When you fix will it be a new version?
Will my app automatically update?
I wish you would host previous versions your web site.

I wanted to fly it tonight.

Sorry, miscommunications... the change that caused the issue was a change I made to allow planning screen to no longer use high-accuracy GPS.

Yes, your app will update

Ken,

Can you verify that you are seeing my posts in the Alpha/Beta Group? I'm not seeing them show up and I have some follow up info to my posts. Do you have to approve the posts first?

djsydvicious said:
Can you verify that you are seeing my posts in the Alpha/Beta Group? I'm not seeing them show up and I have some follow up info to my posts. Do you have to approve the posts first?

I never see mine unless I hunt, hunt and then hunt some more. Google Groups is terrible.

Ken, I'd be happy to test the new version out for you on my Epson Moverio BT-200s. I tried to purchase and install it on them earlier today, but Google Play won't install it because it doesn't think it's compatible, so I got a refund. Then later I attempted to sideload the APK directly but that doesn't work without a valid license.

CloudsNeverDie said:
Ken, I'd be happy to test the new version out for you on my Epson Moverio BT-200s. I tried to purchase and install it on them earlier today, but Google Play won't install it because it doesn't think it's compatible, so I got a refund. Then later I attempted to sideload the APK directly but that doesn't work without a valid license.

Correct, the Moverio version will be on the Moverio store. I am planning to have GS flight but the experience will be much different on the goggles since you cannot install Google Maps on the goggles so you will need to create the mission offline and load it on the device. I haven't figured out any way to get GS + maps, a limitation of the goggles but I've heard so many requests to get GS on the Moverio that I really want to find a way to do it.

Note: you may need to use the UF app to plan the missions unless you want to hand-code them, which will be an option.

It is possible to install Google Maps on the BT-200s - you just have to find an old version (Google Maps 6.x works fine) and sideload it. You can grab an APK from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-4 ... k-t2360010

I just installed it and the Google Maps app itself works fine. The GS feature still doesn't work in DJI's Vision App, however.

(note: this might only work after rooting and installing the Google Services Framework - I'm not 100% sure)

kenargo said:
the change that caused the issue was a change I made to allow planning screen to no longer use high-accuracy GPS.

Why would you do this?

Again, why do you make changes to a released version and not a beta?

Can we have access to version 39?

I paid for an App that does not work.

CloudsNeverDie said:
It is possible to install Google Maps on the BT-200s - you just have to find an old version (Google Maps 6.x works fine) and sideload it. You can grab an APK from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-4 ... k-t2360010

I just installed it and the Google Maps app itself works fine. The GS feature still doesn't work in DJI's Vision App, however.

(note: this might only work after rooting and installing the Google Services Framework - I'm not 100% sure)

Yes, but that version isn't compatible with Google's map SDK that I need to use. I'm working with Epson to get UF on the device so I can't root the device; it needs to be stock but it is good to know you can get older (map) version on it.

Ah, yes that makes sense. I got the Ground Station working in the original DJI Vision App on the BT-200, so it definitely can be done:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=36373

Attachments

• screen-gs.png
    screen-gs.png
    1,015.8 KB · Views: 477
Just downloaded this morning... Got into settings and set everything up to my liking... Then hit the "fly!" Icon just to see what the screens look like...

What's up with this? I have an active internet connection... I'm on it right now... I can go into GS and plan waypoint flights and my maps load etc...

But this happens when I hit the "fly!" Icon.... or the calibrate as well...???

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-13-05-23-40-picsay.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-13-05-23-40-picsay.png
    171.2 KB · Views: 415
I think he is to busy trying to get stupid goggles to work on an App that simply don't work for paying users.

Seems version 1.43 is working now, time to turn off Google play store automatic updates

GSSP said:
Seems version 1.43 is working now, time to turn off Google play store automatic updates

The next few versions will be in the beta tree. I need to write settings from scratch (because built-in Google settings don't work correctly on some devices) and I want to complete some of the little features to round-out GS. Like a DashWare compatible log output, a W-Fi distance ring and I'd like to try a few ideas to get around the app shut-downs while I wait for DJI to fix them.

I'll announce releases here when they come and you can turn on/update as you wish.

DBS said:
Just downloaded this morning... Got into settings and set everything up to my liking... Then hit the "fly!" Icon just to see what the screens look like...

What's up with this? I have an active internet connection... I'm on it right now... I can go into GS and plan waypoint flights and my maps load etc...

I wanted to check-in because I've help a few people fix this same issue in the Google Group.

If you are not one of them; are you by chance using 5 GHZ band for your Wi-Fi? It's been reported that DJI SDJ 1st time initialization code cannot connect to the DJI servers when Wi-Fi is using 5 GHZ band.

kenargo said:
DBS said:

I wanted to check-in because I've help a few people fix this same issue in the Google Group.

If you are not one of them; are you by chance using 5 GHZ band for your Wi-Fi? It's been reported that DJI SDJ 1st time initialization code cannot connect to the DJI servers when Wi-Fi is using 5 GHZ band.

Crazy stuff u got going on man messing up good working copies instead of doing beta releases like a normal developer does. Now Im glad I never tried to fly with your APP. Wish I could get a refund but I think its to late now.

Guys... cut the guy some slack. Normally an app would have a dozen in house beta testers and a crew of developers each making $80K a year. This is a one man shop doing development, marketing, testing, support... Kinda don't think he's making hundreds of thousands off this app either.

It's cool, works well for most people in most situations. If you find something not 100% up to speed, report it, take a chill pill and use the stock App for a few days - try later. Worst possible case you buy it, hate it and you are out ten bucks. Hopefully that won't break your bank. It's the cost of one plastic prop.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplelogic