Fixed wireless access (the 5725 – 5850 MHz band)

Reaction score
In UK & guess elsewhere 5.8g wireless could be a serious problem for RC aircraft.
Round my way a company runs a very large 5.8ghz wireless wifi network, dishes on many houses.
It was supposed to be a rural broadband project,as in places that could not get little or no normal internet.
Most of the user end antennas are Ubiquiti guessing the base station fixed sites will be highish power omni directional
Not really helpful to 5.8g RC receivers,tried to find the location of the base stations.
Sorry if this item has already been covered.

In UK & guess elsewhere 5.8g wireless could be a serious problem for RC aircraft.
Round my way a company runs a very large 5.8ghz wireless wifi network, dishes on many houses.
It was supposed to be a rural broadband project,as in places that could not get little or no normal internet.
Most of the user end antennas are Ubiquiti guessing the base station fixed sites will be highish power omni directional
Not really helpful to 5.8g RC receivers,tried to find the location of the base stations.
Sorry if this item has already been covered.
In the U.S. 2.4Ghz WiFi is ubiquitous and is the bane of my existence. For my Construction Progress clients I have been using my Inspire 1 for years, which has been great until about a year ago when the WiFi situation got so congested that I can no longer find clear channels (I have the 32 channel hack). Hard to believe that not ONE channel is clear of 32. Channel 12 seems to be the least intruded, so that's the channel I use. Conversely, I use my Phantom 4 Pro for traffic analysis videos. Unlike the Inspire, the Phantom DOES have 5.8Ghz capability. Unlike 2.4Ghz, I can always find an open channel in the 5.8Ghz range. But even 5.8Ghz is starting to get clogged up. It's rough out there.

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18