Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

Connect to Phantom after what initializes? I normally start the hardware, run your app, connect to Phantom via your app and then load the mission.

Appreciate the response. Coolest app out there. Will be glad when things get worked out so I can use it.

Connect to Phantom after what initializes? I normally start the hardware, run your app, connect to Phantom via your app and then load the mission.

Appreciate the response. Coolest app out there. Will be glad when things get worked out so I can use it.

Allow the Phantom to complete initializing, then connect Wi-Fi and run the app.

Yea it was. As a matter of fact this last time the V+ had been sitting on ground for a couple minutes before I started the Ultimate app.

I dont know if there is any value in this but thought I would add it. I took a screenshot to show you were it was hanging up at.

I did not catch this until now. Shows total distance at 7290' and 6.51 minutes. My best guess this is my last flight but not sure. I think I flew about 8100' if I remember right.

But this was a freshly charged battery and I had hovered long enough I was down to 80%.

Screenshot_2015-04-27-16-45-38.png

Well, after being without my P2V+ v3.0, I'm happy to say it is on its way back from DJI (USA) for warranty repairs. So, I should be able to return to Alpha testing within the next week or so. I swear I missed being a part of the testing. I need to read and get caught up to speed with the advancements since my bird dropped from the sky (I'm guessing as a result of the bad 2.0 ESCs).

Well, after being without my P2V+ v3.0, I'm happy to say it is on its way back from DJI (USA) for warranty repairs. So, I should be able to return to Alpha testing within the next week or so. I swear I missed being a part of the testing. I need to read and get caught up to speed with the advancements since my bird dropped from the sky (I'm guessing as a result of the bad 2.0 ESCs).

Did you happen to have a flight log of the flight when your quad dropped?

Kenargo, for what its worth the next time I went out. No FPV , total distance said 16,000 feet however telemetry at bottom was working. I as annoyed with it and just ran the mission which was 3.5 miles and 18 minutes anyway !! Came home fine. But never did have any FPV and the recording did not auto start as it should. However it did start recording on return trip when I restarted app. Still no FPV video. I closed app, started DJI app and had FPV.

Once thing that would be a nice addition when this starts working for me is showing what WIFI it is connected to on the FLY screen. Wont be an issue as I am starting to use a dedicated tablet but it it autoconnects to home when it loses Phantom it would be nice to know.

Any tips on how to sync the start point of the log with the video when using Dashware.

Yes, I would add one of the heading maps to your Dashware so you can visually see when you are turning a sharp corner. Go to the synchronization tab and uncheck sync with video. Drag your slider inside the synchronization tab until the position on map matches video.

You can also sync with lift off but often hard to tell. Basically just need to find a point where telemetry changes and you can see it in video.

Recheck sync with video check box and the correct data file point and video point will be locked together.

Yes, I would add one of the heading maps to your Dashware so you can visually see when you are turning a sharp corner. Go to the synchronization tab and uncheck sync with video. Drag your slider inside the synchronization tab until the position on map matches video.

You can also sync with lift off but often hard to tell. Basically just need to find a point where telemetry changes and you can see it in video.

Recheck sync with video check box and the correct data file point and video point will be locked together.

I have been trying to sync with liftoff. Its still tricky. I will try the heading map.

Any tips on how to sync the start point of the log with the video when using Dashware.

I can probably help with just about anything you need with dashware. Send me a email [email protected]

Btw, I helped create the logger profile you are using. So I know it well. I always include local time in the logger profiles I build. So the easiest way and actually dead on the money way to sync one of my setup is to add a gauge that shows the time, not referring to milliseconds, and you can use that with any point you want. Example; looking at the csv file you notice that the quad begins lifting off at line 67. And you know this is the actual lift point because you see on the data type called "pitch" it shows the very 1st change going from 0 to -1. Also on line 67 the local time shows say 10:31.58. You uncheck the sync video from the sync page. Drag the slide bar to the point in which it matches your 10:31.58 number. Then check the sync video box again and remove the gauge showing the local time if you don't want to use it.

Hi !
Just bought and given a try to the DUF app by Ken.
Awesome ! Because of the wind getting stronger on our north coast, I've just flown around my home.
I love the dual window in Fly Mode and for the first time since I have my P2V+, I can get a precise location of the Phantom, in real time, with a working Radar function (never worked properly with the official DJI app on the Nexus 10).
So many other features and tools to discover on the DUF. I look foward to flying again.
Thanks so much Ken, it's a great work !

Kenargo, or anyone else that can answer, do you know of any current issues with Galaxy Tab 4 10.1? I went through most of the thread and can't find any, but just didn't want to purchase if it somehow doesn't work at all. Thanks.

Kenargo, or anyone else that can answer, do you know of any current issues with Galaxy Tab 4 10.1? I went through most of the thread and can't find any, but just didn't want to purchase if it somehow doesn't work at all. Thanks.

Check out these threads:

Devices that work : https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/dji-ultimate-flight/msPOjybnQcU
Devices that do not work: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/dji-ultimate-flight/WLoTjD2qmP8

The user group is the best place to ask. I use a Samsumg Galaxy Tab S but that is different than the Tab 4 so I can't personally speak for this specific device.

Kenargo,
I'm loosing fpv on a regular basis now. It doesn't usually come back either until I restart the app. Also I get this error usually as soon as I land too. Any idea what at be going on. Also the dji app doesn't work for me at all anymore. I don't know why. Good thing for flytrex so I can switch over to it to fly it home.

Kenargo,
I'm loosing fpv on a regular basis now. It doesn't usually come back either until I restart the app. Also I get this error usually as soon as I land too. Any idea what at be going on. Also the dji app doesn't work for me at all anymore. I don't know why. Good thing for flytrex so I can switch over to it to fly it home.

You mention that the DJI app doesn't work, did I understand correctly?

The error indicated that something in the Phantom thinks it is not setup correctly. It could be something as simple as calibration. Try connecting the assist app, calibrating and verify the settings.

Yes even the dji app doesn't work for me at all anymore, I don't know if anything is related. I'll try the assist software. Any ideas on why I'm losing video? And why it doesn't come back until I restart?

hello folks. im a newbie on here so not yet worked out the thread structures.

anywhooo

ultimate for my p2 v plus is superb... but a curious thing is bugging me on gs. I plan a route say 4000m long. i save it and upload it select it and send it to the drone. All good. distance and time appear on the screen and off she goes. Then the odd bit. instead of the distance and time counter dropping as the mission unfolds..it goes up. Something is a bit funky here...

i have chickened out on a couple of missions because of this..the latest being a run at dawn this morning which was beautiful to behold..

any thoughts? please?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart