Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

Would it be possible to check against a Flytrex file?

The one I have, which may or may not be accurate only has :

* datetime(utc)
* datetime(local)

I include the 1st but not the second. I've added the second, maybe that is all that is needed but if I could see a real Flytrex file it would help a lot! Really, I only need the heading and maybe 1-2 lines of data, just enough to see column names and format of the data.

Thanks,
Ken

Love to, but alas... I haven't got a real Flytrex file until my L3G arrives. I'll ask around and try to get the real answer.

Also, do you have the capability to force the bird to make the start-up sound? In this thread the OP asks for a way to make the bird "chirp" to assist in locating a lost aircraft. Just might be another function you can add to your app.

Love to, but alas... I haven't got a real Flytrex file until my L3G arrives. I'll ask around and try to get the real answer.

Also, do you have the capability to force the bird to make the start-up sound? In this thread the OP asks for a way to make the bird "chirp" to assist in locating a lost aircraft. Just might be another function you can add to your app.

I have made a request to DJI to allow for the SDK to be able to cause the Phantom to sound and they mentioned they would but with no timeframe to add it so I can't say when/if that will happen.

Reactions: DevildogSoldier
here is a few lines of my recent flight.... had to change the extension to .txt to upload....

Attachments

• flytrex_quadcopter_mission_20150412.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 393
Gotcha, so it's a issue with the gauge I need to address in Dashware. Disregard Ken, and thanks!

This app is getting really good now, with more usable FPV view.
Not sure if it's a widespread issue but I find I can't format the SD card using my MotoG at least?
Switching to DJI app only took a moment and it worked there.

Sorry, I think I missed your question...

Format SD card is at the bottom of the camera menu. When in the Fly screen, slide in from the left will show the camera settings menu. Scroll to the bottom and you will see the format command.

Yes I knew where it is thanks, but when I click it, something seems to be happening for about minute then a box pops up saying cannot complete the operation (missed the exact words without trying again)

The error would have been returned from the SDK. The Vision app doesn't use the SDK so it is possible that it works there and I know it works on some devices. If you can send the error I may be able to identify the cause.

I tried it again an hour ago and didn't get the error and it seems to have formatted, at least the video from previous flight was gone.
The other day I tried it a couple of times with error message result, but it worked OK with the DJI app.
So maybe some daft one off thing? - but will see what happens as I usually format before almost every flight.

My app crashed 30 seconds into my flight so I restarted it while 100' up and my elevation said 0 so I brought it back down so I could reset the elevation but when I landed it said negative 100' which makes sense but the immediately got a warning.
MCU error. Configuration Error.
I then reset everything lifted off about 20' got the error again so I landed and called it a day. Any ideas what's happening? It's been really working well for me on my Note3.

My app crashed 30 seconds into my flight so I restarted it while 100' up and my elevation said 0 so I brought it back down so I could reset the elevation but when I landed it said negative 100' which makes sense but the immediately got a warning.
MCU error. Configuration Error.
I then reset everything lifted off about 20' got the error again so I landed and called it a day. Any ideas what's happening? It's been really working well for me on my Note3.

As for the app restarting; I am working with DJI on patches to the SDK.

I'm guessing that you had the altitude calibration enabled and when the app is restarted it resets the calibration; there is an update being tested currently that will restore certain settings when this happens; similar to when your browser crashes and you get the message to restore a previous browser session.

As for the MCU error; I cannot say why it appears but the Phantom is really sending a message indicating a problem. Unless I see red LEDs on the Phantom I usually brush it off as a hiccup in the SDK. What I've done is change the warning repeat timer to 0; which means show once and then I get the message, and see green LEDs then I dismiss it and keep flying (that's me, you should decide for you).

The same update also includes boost and channel change for the Wi-Fi, I've found that many restarts appear to be related to Wi-Fi connection reliability so hopefully the combination helps (both are optional).

OK thanks for the reply. My lights were flashing green and everything was working fine so I honestly don't think anything was wrong. Keep up the great work, it's a great app.

Beyond the app restarting my biggest issue is not maintaining video. I often have a hard time getting it to start. Switch to DJI app and its fine.

Currently I am just using the ultimate app for mission runs as I dont like losing video when I am beyond visual :) Thankful for RTH !

Am I think only one with this issue. Same results with my Galaxy S5 and Nexus 7 tablet.

Is there a way to make it say No telemetry instead of just repeating last known telemetry?

I had the same issue today. After taking several Raw Photos about 1000 ft away the camera went dark and I could not get it back without landing and restarting. I'm using moto turbo. I tried the DJI app and it also was dark.

I just got done flying mine as well and had trouble with the video freezing and not coming back till I brought it back close to me. Even then I still had trouble with freezing video and telemetry.

Also how long should it take to load and start a mission.. Loading missing often takes a minute (or so it seems) and today after finally loading it stalled out and starting mission or whatever the next screen is. That went on for about 2 minutes and I finally gave up and landed it from hovering as I had burned up more battery than I would like.

Most of the time, the time to upload a mission and fly is a few seconds. I've heard of the cases where it takes significantly longer and have passed that information onto DJI for investigation. It appears that the DJI communications can library can get stuck, I don't know why but restarting the app usually clears the condition.

I've also found that the best results are seen if you connect to the Phantom after it initializes.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z