UK Travel Insurance for Phantom + GoPro (theft/loss/damage)

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm looking for some decent travel insurance that would cover theft and loss of a 1100 pounds drone + gopro in the EU.

I'm aware of fpvuk.org providing third party liability insurance, but I'd like to be covered for theft etc. when travelling throughout Europe. Gadget insurances don't have drones listed explicitly so I guess they wouldn't cover me (even though gopro probably would be covered as video camera).

Any experiences from anyone? Perhaps using home contents insurance or any other creative solutions?

cheers,
Tomek

Re: UK Travel Insurance for Phantom + GoPro (theft/loss/dama

In the US, home insurance covers a lot of things that have nothing to do with your home. So, it would be worth looking into to see if your insurance is the same.

Thank you @msinger - I'll check that.

Is there anyone who actually used home contents insurance in the UK to some success?

Just do it as an 'All Risks' extension to your householder contents cover.

Itemise it on a schedule (you can even put in a serial number to avoid arguments etc). That will be far cheaper than buying a bespoke policy.

They will probably exclude crash cover though !!!!

Thanks @The Editor! That's a good advice. Will check house insurances for this extension.
Cheers.

The Editor said:
Just do it as an 'All Risks' extension to your householder contents cover.

Itemise it on a schedule (you can even put in a serial number to avoid arguments etc). That will be far cheaper than buying a bespoke policy.

They will probably exclude crash cover though !!!!

And flyaways !

I'm also looking for insurance cover. My home contents insurance won't cover drones and I can only seem to find insurance for commercial use drones and not recreational use drones. I'm going to South Africa and want to make sure I am covered most of all for theft but it's proving very hard to find in the UK!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl