UAV Weather Forecast Site

Reaction score
Just checked the site as I usually do but now it only gives a one day forecast instead of the regular seven day. The seven day forecast will cost $1.99 a month. No thanks. I guess I will go back to the local forecast app, its still free! It was nice while it lasted though!

I don't necessarily mind the site going to that format and I am willing to pay.

However, I am not willing to utilize some unknown payment site to do so.

Look out the window, what you see is what you get [emoji106]forecast down here in the Carib is 24 gusting 28 knots for the next five days [emoji35] still grounded [emoji30]

Just checked the site as I usually do but now it only gives a one day forecast instead of the regular seven day. The seven day forecast will cost $1.99 a month. No thanks. I guess I will go back to the local forecast app, its still free! It was nice while it lasted though!
I agree, also the app is free but need a payment to have more than 24h forecast. Would be better if the app need to be payed but then with 1 week forecast as always had been on the site before now. In these conditions I'll use my local forecast app too.

LOL l apologise then l thought we had it bad. Do you take off tethering the quad to a block of concrete? If its just the wind l'm complaining about it cannot be that bad here[emoji106]

For some reason, lots and lots (and lots!) of people think weather data is free, web hosting is free, the time & tools needed to develop & support web software is free, etc. If you truly like a piece of software, the best you thing you can do is show your support by purchasing it. It never ceases to amaze me that people themselves would never work for free, but they expect other people to work for free.

For some reason, lots and lots (and lots!) of people think weather data is free, web hosting is free, the time & tools needed to develop & support web software is free, etc. If you truly like a piece of software, the best you thing you can do is show your support by purchasing it. It never ceases to amaze me that people themselves would never work for free, but they expect other people to work for free.

There are lots and lots (and lots) of free weather apps for my iPad!

You think you have it tough? We have 50 - 70mph for next 3 weeks!
I bet it is a tad warmer there as well lol.

Same here in London, walked out the office on Friday during lunch and it seemed like the movie 'Day after tomorrow' was nice and sunny all of a sudden went dark with hail, so much rain fall and really, really, really high winds which set car alarms off.

Weathers been pretty bad and heard its going to be for a few weeks, dont really care too much on the temperature side but the winds just too bad.

I like UAV forecast but like all forecasts, it can be unreliable. That's why I'm not too put off to just having 24hrs. Using it, on one occasion the wind speed made me not fly when I could have, no problem. The other occasion I was planning not to fly because of the wind forecast but ended up flying because it was obviously ok to do so. I have the parameters specifically set for the specific locations I check, and these two instances were literally within 10 hours of the flights. So even wind forecast can be less than accurate. Within 24hrs is your best shot of at least coming close. But a lot of times, if possible just go and check out conditions at the moment to best judge.

There are lots and lots (and lots) of free weather apps for my iPad!
I guess you're referring to free software that is supported by ads? Sure, that's a common approach too. It's only profitable for companies who are get millions of views per month though.

I guess you're referring to free software that is supported by ads? Sure, that's a common approach too. It's only profitable for companies who are get millions of views per month though.

I was going to talk about the smokin Sam's deal yesterday, but....
samsD.jpg

The UAV Weather Forecast owner I believe is a pp.com member. I bet if he knew you were a fellow member from pp.com he may have a discount for you.

The only way I would pay for any weather website is if it had a nice layout for wind speed.

He deleted the thread on the forums on his site where users where asking for a PayPal option rather than the payment processor he chose to use, so I'm not so sure.

Again, I think the site is useful and am willing to pay. But not through a startup payment processor.

Course one of the single most popular pieces of code on the planet (Linux kernel) is free, and not ad supported either. Runs something like several billion devices? ;-)

Course one of the single most popular pieces of code on the planet (Linux kernel)
Linux is one of the least popular operating systems per Wikipedia. I don't think it's a coincidence that the most popular operating systems aren't free. People need money to eat :)

If you want weather, go to wunderground.com. It's free and it's the best around.

Linux is one of the least popular operating systems per Wikipedia. I don't think it's a coincidence that the most popular operating systems aren't free. People need money to eat :)

Linux is a kernel, not an operating system. Every Android device, and the vast majority of servers run the Linux kernel. Not to mention a significant (albeit small compared to Windows/Mac OS) Desktop market. Though the underpinnings of Mac OS (both desktop and iOS) are open source/free as well. Not to mention Google Chrome, Firefox, etc...

Point is, FOSS works pretty well. Wordpress is now officially the most popular way to host a website, also free and open source.

Not saying that everything should be free... Of course. But to say that everything must not be free isn't really indicative of the current state of technology. :)

Reactions: bbfpv

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl