UAV-Outlet Pre-Order Status

Really? Mine was charged right-away:
4/16/15
mtc003.png

UAV-OUTLET
Merchandise
$1,498.99

I ordered through Amazon, was only pre authorized.

Agreed, there's been plenty of time in customs.
Customs is a funny place.
They don't care about our priority, timeline or the expiration date of the product.
There could be a number of things that could/would hold things up, from misfiled paperwork, wrong manifest, invalid UL listing, and so on and so forth.

Being that other dealers have received their items already, indicates, at least on surface that DJI does the paperwork correctly, but who knows...

I've seen packages (usually bulk sales and pre-production prototypes held for months, literally, months.
I'm sure that won't be the case here.
In one case, we ended up sending someone to Asia on a same day flight so that they could carry-on the item back with them.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/122

Reactions: damitjim
Customs is a funny place.
They don't care about our priority, timeline or the expiration date of the product.
There could be a number of things that could/would hold things up, from misfiled paperwork, wrong manifest, invalid UL listing, and so on and so forth.

Being that other dealers have received their items already, indicates, at least on surface that DJI does the paperwork correctly, but who knows...

I've seen packages (usually bulk sales and pre-production prototypes held for months, literally, months.
I'm sure that won't be the case here.
In one case, we ended up sending someone to Asia on a same day flight so that they could carry-on the item back with them.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/122
My company ships nearly everything we do overseas, you are much more likely to have issues going into China than coming into the USA. A week for a consumer good like this is getting excessive. Anyway looking forward to good news. <---- HINT HINT CHAD, HINT HINT

Last edited:
Reactions: jadebox
Chad, any update would be appreciated. If they're still in customs, they're still in customs, but knowing that is better than guessing. :(

I just got off the phone with a girl from uavoutlet. She told me they are stuck in Atlanta still and they are hoping for a delivery tomorrow. They said once they get them they are upgrading the shipment for free and sending them right out. She also gave me the same info we have been getting here. That customs hasn't released them yet.

my shipping was already free through Amazon. Wonder if they'll upgrade my shipping to next day. :cool:

After a delay of a week and counting I think a free upgrade for the shipping is reasonable and I would expect nothing less. I am REALLY looking forward to flying now, especially since I have been seeing SO many awesome examples from people who got theirs on time. **** Customs!

I just got off the phone with a girl from uavoutlet. She told me they are stuck in Atlanta still and they are hoping for a delivery tomorrow. They said once they get them they are upgrading the shipment for free and sending them right out. She also gave me the same info we have been getting here. That customs hasn't released them yet.

Did they define whether that hope had a basis in reality (customs said so) or if it's from the same place the previous tomorrows' delivery days has come from?

Reactions: Slinghtshotgrafx
I have been pretty patient, but now hoping to get them for this upcoming weekend (unless weather continues to be terrible). I photograph waterfalls so I want to take advantage of the season before things dry up. Would be nice to get a ETA delivery for friday.

Did they define whether that hope had a basis in reality (customs said so) or if it's from the same place the previous tomorrows' delivery days has come from?

Not sure my man. She seemed really nice but yea I have no idea what makes her think tomorrow's the day.

I have been pretty patient, but now hoping to get them for this upcoming weekend (unless weather continues to be terrible). I photograph waterfalls so I want to take advantage of the season before things dry up. Would be nice to get a ETA delivery for friday.
Same here, I don't mind the wait but I'm golfing in a charity event this weekend and thought it might not be bad to have on hand in case they'd like some aerials of the event.

I'd love to know why customs has a hold on the shipment. I don't have any problem with people that pre-ordered like I did and they have their toy. I have a HUGE problem with people walking into stores, off the street and picking one up before I'm getting my pre-order. That really pisses me off. One would think DJI would learn how to roll out a product correctly by now. There's no excuse for pre order customers not having their machine before someone that walks in off the street.

why is that? Plenty of dealers are having issues getting supply. There are still people that pre-ordered through DJI direct that haven't received theirs yet. Again, how can someone walk in off the street and buy one and pre orders aren't filled yet?

why is that? Plenty of dealers are having issues getting supply. There are still people that pre-ordered through DJI direct that haven't received theirs yet. Again, how can someone walk in off the street and buy one and pre orders aren't filled yet?

They charge before they ship, on pre-orders nonetheless, I might understand it for something in stock that will ship same day or the next but on pre-orders? And by charge I mean they post the charge not pre-auth it (pending). "This" is sketchy.

On May 4, I received an email from [email protected] asking me to please review my purchase. That's funny given it hasn't even shipped yet.

Did you review it? I would have said it sucks and didn't work as advertised. I would have also complained about the color, noting i ordered white, not invisible, but that's just me. o_O

Reactions: dalebb

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West