TXT, DAT and Litchi

The current version of DatCon is unable to retrieve the dateTime of a P3 flight. That info probably exists somewhere in the .DAT. A lot of effort has been put in to locate it but has been unsuccessful. The MC serial number can be seen in the configLog stream. I.e. it doesn't get recorded in the .csv.

These values are extracted for .DAT version 3 logs which includes P4, P4Pro, Mavic, Inspire 2, Matrrice, etrc.

I gotta ask why aren't you using the .txt file to get these values?

As I get older, I get dumber. If I'm not being too ridiculous (or too obtuse!)...

I've been using Litchi almost exclusively. I can get a CSV (Litchi version) from my iPad.
The firmware comes from DJI, so, even if I'm using Litchi, can I assume that a DAT or TXT
file will still be created? Or only a DAT file? There are just enough permutations here to drive
me into the wall LOL.

Appreciate the work some of you guys have done on DAT/TXT files. My programming skills made
me only moderately dangerous over the years. If I can see it Excel I can butcher the data perhaps
as well as many others. Outside of Excel - I turn into Cro Magnon man!

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL

As I get older, I get dumber. If I'm not being too ridiculous (or too obtuse!)...

I've been using Litchi almost exclusively. I can get a CSV (Litchi version) from my iPad.
The firmware comes from DJI, so, even if I'm using Litchi, can I assume that a DAT or TXT
file will still be created? Or only a DAT file? There are just enough permutations here to drive
me into the wall LOL.

Appreciate the work some of you guys have done on DAT/TXT files. My programming skills made
me only moderately dangerous over the years. If I can see it Excel I can butcher the data perhaps
as well as many others. Outside of Excel - I turn into Cro Magnon man!

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
The .txt is produced only by the Go App. So if you're using Litchi the .txt isn't available. The Litchi .csv has the columns FlyControllerSerialNumber, datetime(local), datetime(utc), and timestamp. Maybe those will satisfy your requirements.

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-23_9-23-33.png
    upload_2017-6-23_9-23-33.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 286
The .txt is produced only by the Go App. So if you're using Litchi the .txt isn't available. The Litchi .csv has the columns FlyControllerSerialNumber, datetime(local), datetime(utc), and timestamp. Maybe those will satisfy your requirements.

Thanks Bud. I realize those fields are in the Litchi CSV files. Finally learned how to get them and read them. But someone the other day was looking for information on motor temp. There is apparently no such field in the Litchi CSV data. Someone else insinuated that this data would be available in the DAT file. That's primarily why I was asking. I guess the easiest way now is to see if I can capture a copy of the DAT file even though I'm running Litchi.

Again, my assumption is that despite running Litchi, the DAT file is generated because the firmware tells it to. I think the only thing I've been using the GO app for lately was to calibrate the IMU - I haven't seen any way to do that with Litchi.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL

The current version of DatCon is unable to retrieve the dateTime of a P3 flight. That info probably exists somewhere in the .DAT. A lot of effort has been put in to locate it but has been unsuccessful. The MC serial number can be seen in the configLog stream. I.e. it doesn't get recorded in the .csv.

These values are extracted for .DAT version 3 logs which includes P4, P4Pro, Mavic, Inspire 2, Matrrice, etrc.

I gotta ask why aren't you using the .txt file to get these values?

I am flying the Phantom 4 Pro exclusively with Litchi. Is there a way to get the TXT files? I am assuming that they would need to be converted from the DAT files.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor