Two Controllers for One Drone

Reaction score
I recently purchased the P4P+ which I like lot, and I like the built in bright screen on the remote controller. However, it will not work with the mapping application I want to use, so I would need to purchase the regular remote controller and use it with an ipad.

Is there any problem in switching between two remote controllers for the same drone? I would want to use the plus remote for video and oblique photography.

Every time you switch to another remote, you need to link it with the aircraft. Linking with ensure that AC follows commands from just one remote at a time. These remotes do not have master slave concept for P4.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks for the answers. I want to use my P4P Plus remote for doing videos and oblique photos and the regular remote and an ipad for doing mapping. Is there any difficulty in switching back and forth in the field without a computer?

Thanks for the answers. I want to use my P4P Plus remote for doing videos and oblique photos and the regular remote and an ipad for doing mapping. Is there any difficulty in switching back and forth in the field without a computer?

No issues. You just have to use the app to link the RC.

The remote controllers can be easily linked like this:

No. Just follow the instructions in the video above.

OK, I don't mean to beat this to death, but advice would be appreciated.

I intend to use my drone in my aerial photography business for two main purposes: To take aesthetic oblique aerial views of businesses and possibly residences, and to do mapping.

Does it make sense to have two controllers and use the P4P+ controller to do the oblique work since this has a better and brighter screen and then to switch to the regular controller and ipad to do the mapping, since that's what I'll have to do? Or do you think it would be better to sell the P4P+ controller and use the ipad and regular controller to do everything?

If you need to do mapping, it sounds like even having a P4P+ remote controller is going to be a hassle. The brightness on the mobile device screens I use works just fine for me. Only you know what will work best for you though.

OK, I don't mean to beat this to death, but advice would be appreciated.

I intend to use my drone in my aerial photography business for two main purposes: To take aesthetic oblique aerial views of businesses and possibly residences, and to do mapping.

Does it make sense to have two controllers and use the P4P+ controller to do the oblique work since this has a better and brighter screen and then to switch to the regular controller and ipad to do the mapping, since that's what I'll have to do? Or do you think it would be better to sell the P4P+ controller and use the ipad and regular controller to do everything?
Have you passed your FAA Flight Test Yet?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl