Trying to figure out why my NEW P4P Plus has not SOLD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen used p4's for sale at well over $1000 + shipping. You can buy a refurbished one straight from DJI for $799 with free shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had this new, just got it last week, Phantom 4 Pro Plus listed in the Classified section but no interested buyers? Trying to figure out if I am making some big mistake listing on a site for Phantom Pilots? I am selling because my only decent MacBook just died and that moves to the top of my needed list. $1650 seems like a pretty fair price. I call DJI and they said no problem getting the
"care " coverage for it since it has never been powered on or flown. Any insights would be appreciated.
The higher the sum of money the higher the risk. It also means the more you lose because unless it's discounted at least 20% then buyers paying a large sum anyway won't see the advantage of saving a couple hundred for such a large investment.

Good point and all 25 of his posts on this forum and about buying selling or trading drones. Would not touch anything from this seller with the proverbial barge pole.

I agree here

2cbccf6c8739febfdbafbd3d18937ea2.jpg

This is why you can't sell a phantom 4 pro for more than it costs new.

He says it's a Phantom 4 Plus, so he's asking less, not more, than the current new price.

But if you add in the 3% premium that the seller wants added for payment by Paypal, and the shipping cost, the difference is piddling. There is no way in Hades that I would ever send a money order to someone I didn't know for a product that I don't even know if they actually possess.

He says it's a Phantom 4 Plus, so he's asking less, not more, than the current new price.

But if you add in the 3% premium that the seller wants added for payment by Paypal, and the shipping cost, the difference is piddling. There is no way in Hades that I would ever send a money order to someone I didn't know for a product that I don't even know if they actually possess.

By looking at DJI's website, I don't even see a Pro plus is an option...

By looking at DJI's website, I don't even see a Pro plus is an option...

Yes, the P4P Plus is available, and costs $300 more than the P4P. It has a built in viewing screen. If you go to the DJI website and click the "buy" button for the P4P, you'll see the P4P Plus option, for $1799.

My mistake. I simply looked at the website and it didn't mention that until you started through the purchase process. From the way it was advertised, I thought it had the display already.

I have had this new, just got it last week, Phantom 4 Pro Plus listed in the Classified section but no interested buyers? Trying to figure out if I am making some big mistake listing on a site for Phantom Pilots? I am selling because my only decent MacBook just died and that moves to the top of my needed list. $1650 seems like a pretty fair price. I call DJI and they said no problem getting the
"care " coverage for it since it has never been powered on or flown. Any insights would be appreciated.
If you want to piece it out (probably will get more for it) I'd be interested in the bird.

Well, like the ad says it is NEW and DJI said it is NEW not sure where you get the USED part?
To second what another said, its not enough of a discount "NEW" or not. I have bought open box from B&H that was brand new which is essentially what you are selling. B&H gives a minimum of 20% off on OB drones, much higher than other items because as others have stated they want the additional assurance with a drone. I also have no interest in the Pro model as much as I hate the GO app. Good luck to you and your search for a New Mac which is also not getting any cheaper....

The mistake you might be making is in assuming the forum works like ebay. If you want top dollar pay for an advertisement somewhere (the added benefit might be that prospective purchasers are not be familiar with going prices for used kit). I doubt anybody here will come at your asking price. Even the warranty coverage buying from a DJI authorised retailer makes this seem like a bad deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello